Windows 10: File-document history

Discus and support File-document history in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I press the Microsoft-logo button and the Tab button simultaneously, the site-history files no longer show daily actions. Moved from:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mal Gaff, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Mal Gaff Win User

File-document history

When I press the Microsoft-logo button and the Tab button simultaneously, the site-history files no longer show daily actions.

Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

:)

Mal Gaff, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Jerry8AB Win User

File History Question

I’m not sure how to re-add the folder. So what I did do was to
    manually back up all folders. When I did that, I DID have more listings in documents and pictures.

What appears to be occurring is this:

After doing the steps to allow offline access, it seems that File History is capturing those files.
    However, I don’t understand why the files were not captured during normal scheduling which is every 12 hours.

What I have been looking for is a listing of ALL of my document and picture files, before and after activating offline access.

So, what I am saying is, File History may be working, but it will not show any document or picture files prior to my offline activation.

Your thoughts.

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    File History - Deleting Entries

File History

Can I delete current individual Document entries in File History and still have File History work properly for future listings and maintain my old listings?

Another tech forum said:
    "File History keeps a database of all the files backed up. Since you manually deleted data in the File History folder (My Documents), the database and file store would be out of sync."

Do you agree?

Thanks,
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Apr 9, 2020
  4. #Jon# Win User

File-document history

File History not backing up any files

Hello Victor

Thank you for the response. I had already checked that thread, but it hasn't helped me:

• The thread deals with Windows 8's implementation of File History, which is somewhat different to that of Windows 10.
    • Most of the thread deals with setting up File History (which I have already done, precisely following the recommended steps). The third link in the thread might have been useful since it appears to link to a page that deals with troubleshooting File History
      (as opposed to setting it up), but unfortunately the link is dead.
    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#Jon#, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

File-document history

1. File-document history - Similar Threads - File document history

2. File History Not Backing Documents Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History Not Backing Documents Windows 11: File History is not backing up all files and folders on Windows 11.File History is only backing up files and folders on my desktop and downloads folder.Troubleshooting steps I took:1. Deleted all files and folders off the external drive I use for back up2. Turned off file...
  3. File History Not Backing Documents Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History Not Backing Documents Windows 11: File History is not backing up all files and folders on Windows 11.File History is only backing up files and folders on my desktop and downloads folder.Troubleshooting steps I took:1. Deleted all files and folders off the external drive I use for back up2. Turned off file...
  4. File History Function cannot backup files in D:\Users\%UserName%\Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History Function cannot backup files in D:\Users\%UserName%\Documents: I have set the whole D drive as Backup Include Folder but it still doesn't work... I have even tried to modify the config1.xml and config2.xml file in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\ConfigurationIt is very weird that I did see a line:...
  5. File History Function cannot backup files in D:\Users\%UserName%\Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History Function cannot backup files in D:\Users\%UserName%\Documents: I have set the whole D drive as Backup Include Folder but it still doesn't work... I have even tried to modify the config1.xml and config2.xml file in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\ConfigurationIt is very weird that I did see a line:...
  6. File History Function cannot backup files in D:\Users\%UserName%\Documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Photos, documents, favorites and history

Photos, documents, favorites and history: Every time I restart or shut down my PC my favorites and history vanish. All of my saved phots and past saved docs have vanished? HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-documents-favorites-and-history/6b6c04ae-ec75-4a3b-af7a-4f65b9cb732e
  8. Why doesn't file history back up "My Documents"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why doesn't file history back up "My Documents"?: I turned on file history and waited for it to do it's first round of backups. It worked for many files, but when I look at the status of My Documents, it says "Libraries that are encrypted with Encrypting File System, on a network location, or on a drive that doesn't use the...
  9. All files missing, including media files, document files and browser shortcuts and history

All files missing, including media files, document files and browser shortcuts and history: Help I'm on Windows 10, 1903. I put the computer to sleep and on waking it, all my files are missing, including media files, document files and browser shortcuts and history....
  10. How to add "Documents" folder to File History backup

How to add "Documents" folder to File History backup: I don't need a complete backup of my hard drive...just specific files, etc. - like my Documents, Pictures, etc....any way to do this with the "File History" backup option?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you reconnect your drive history file