Windows 10: File does not open

Discus and support File does not open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to open a very important file in MS Word but I get a message telling me that the file is damaged or failing that I cannot open it I need your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmberWhite4, Apr 13, 2019.

1. File does not open

I need to open a very important file in MS Word but I get a message telling me that the file is damaged or failing that I cannot open it I need your help, please

:)

AmberWhite4, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 13, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile File does not open :)

jaydeee, Apr 13, 2019
  4. File does not open

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

File does not open

1. File does not open - Similar Threads - File does open

2. Files does not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files does not open: I have a issue that occurs on standart user. Can't get in "My PC" or "File Explorer". When I try to open it black screen flashes and every app restarts. I am able to open folders in Safe Mode. Maybe it's not related but I can open it Standart User's Steam Account. When I say...
  3. Files does not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files does not open: I have a issue that occurs on standart user. Can't get in "My PC" or "File Explorer". When I try to open it black screen flashes and every app restarts. I am able to open folders in Safe Mode. Maybe it's not related but I can open it Standart User's Steam Account. When I say...
  4. Files does not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Batch file screen does not open with sidebar

Batch file screen does not open with sidebar: I created a User Manual option in my batch file. It happens that when the screen of this Manual opens, a sidebar does not appear so that all content can be viewed. The screen opens and goes to the end of the Manual, losing the information from the beginning because there is...
  6. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

File Explorer does not open when uploading files: Has anyone experienced an issue where you can't upload files in any apps or even on the internet used different browsers?When I click on browse it does nothing, it does not connect to the file explorer. I'm thinking it's a privacy setting but I already made sure that I...
  7. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer does not open when uploading files: Has anyone experienced an issue where you can't upload files in any apps or even on the internet used different browsers?When I click on browse it does nothing, it does not connect to the file explorer. I'm thinking it's a privacy setting but I already made sure that I...
  8. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

9. Open File Location Does Not Display in File Explorer

Open File Location Does Not Display in File Explorer: I am using Windows 10 and OneDrive to store files offline because I have a tiny SSD hard drive. When I do a search for a file and right-mouse click to open the file location, because there are other files in that location that I am actually looking for, there is no option...
  10. File Explorer opens but does not function

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer opens but does not function: I have all the current Windows 10 Home 64-bit updates. File Explorer opens with its main screen but no files are listed in the main file listing window. Instead the message 'working on it' appears t the top of the Window and the spinning blue disc spins away. None of the...