Windows 10: File does not respond

Discus and support File does not respond in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can open all the folders in Windows 10. But when I try to select files or open files in it, the unresponsive file is happening. I noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HildaGrimm, Jul 13, 2019.

1. File does not respond

I can open all the folders in Windows 10. But when I try to select files or open files in it, the unresponsive file is happening. I noticed that folders that contain different files like Word, ppt, images, etc., show this. problem. There is no problem with opening folders that contain a similar file type.

How to solve it?

:)

HildaGrimm, Jul 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 : File explorer no responding

We appreciate your time and effort in getting back to us. Sorry for the delay in responding

Are you still facing the issue?

Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC on the keyboard.
    • Use the File, Run option in Task Manager to access the Command Prompt, type cmd and press Enter. Run the following command.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.

• Click Update and Recovery

• Check for updates under Windows Updates.
    Let us know the status if the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 13, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond File does not respond :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 13, 2019
  4. File does not respond

File explorer not responding

Hi Sue,

After an update, your PC can sometimes cause software conflicts. We would like to know more about the File Explorer not responding. Please provide answers to the questions:

• Can you please tell us if this update was a regular security update or the Fall Creators update?
    • When you saw a dialog box, did you see a particular error message? If yes please send a screenshot.
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps to resolve the concern?

We'll wait for you response to our queries.

Robert Caw, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

File does not respond

1. File does not respond - Similar Threads - File does respond

2. not responding to files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not responding to files: Most of the time when I access a file or page or document, the page indicates it is not responding. This happens most of the time and occurs on any file, document or page. How do I stop this?...
  3. desktop frozen and does not respond

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop frozen and does not respond: my desktop with window 10 frozen and does not respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-frozen-and-does-not-respond/6e259c82-b0f1-4e62-b945-f555d0bcab0b
  4. Files not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files not responding: I use Windows 10. I have an issue where different files in Word or excel or chrome keeps freezing and it shows not responding again and again. What can be the issue here? It happens even offline. It takes a lot of time to start working again. It freezes at random and...
  5. DNS server does not respond

DNS server does not respond: The DNS server does not respond. Continuous message "Not connected to the internet" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-does-not-respond/0ca84c87-da17-40ec-bcd0-568b2ff83cb0
  6. File Not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Not responding: I can open every folders..in windows 10. But when i try to select files or open files in it file not responding is happening...I noticed that the folders containing different files such as word, ppt, images etc are showing this problem. No problem with opening folders...
  7. file exployer does not respond

file exployer does not respond: I have tried some of the suggestions, but when I open explorer thru another program and right click quick connect. the options is not clickable. this is a new HP computer....
  8. What does "Not responding" imply?

in Windows 10 Support
    What does "Not responding" imply?: I hope this is not too much a bonehead question, but what does it really mean when Windows flags a program as "Not responding"? Has Windows performed an action that should interrupt the program's execution but the program has not given control back to Windows - like a tight...
  9. MS Edge does not respond

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge does not respond: I have tried to open Edge from all the "short cuts". The splash will show for a moment, then nothing. Also the "Search the web and Windows" box is non resposive. Neither option has worked since upgrade. 25235
  10. Google Chrome does not respond

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome does not respond: This is a problem with Chrome Version 65.0.3325.162 (Official Build) (64-bit) running under Windows 10 64 bit. When I start Chrome, nothing happens. From time to time, a "page unresponsive" dialogue box appears. Chrome's task manager shows a CPU load of around 27%, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does mean if shows in phonr drive not responding