Windows 10: File downloads increasing in size.

Discus and support File downloads increasing in size. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. I have a large project that I am attempting to complete which involves hundreds of old receipts. As I complete more and more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PamelaLee3, Mar 16, 2022.

1. File downloads increasing in size.

I have Windows 10. I have a large project that I am attempting to complete which involves hundreds of old receipts. As I complete more and more downloads, the file sizes get larger and larger. All the receipts are basically the same but file sizes range from 300 KB to almost 18000 KB. How do I fix this? My computer is slowing way down and I have moved them to a USB but the files are still very large as I try to download them. P.S the files are receipts from Uber Eats. Thanks!!

:)

PamelaLee3, Mar 16, 2022

2. Store download size keeps on increasing

Since this is the case and the issue about the file size increasing is still happening. let us provide additional steps we can attempt to resolve your concern.
    You may try to run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the Cortana Search Box type in Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the list.
    • On the top left corner, select on View All.
    • Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    This Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter for Windows 10 will scan your computer, identify the problems and attempt to fix the issues automatically.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Mar 16, 2022
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 16, 2022
  4. f14tomcat Win User

File downloads increasing in size.

Increasing Partition Size

You can't remove unallocated space, because it is, by definition, unallocated. Do what LX07 and Cereberus are suggesting and get the free Minitool. Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free You will be able to shrink "D" and expand "C" easily and safely. Download and install it, and someone here will walk you thru the few simple steps.

f14tomcat, Mar 16, 2022
Thema:

File downloads increasing in size.

1. File downloads increasing in size. - Similar Threads - File downloads increasing

2. Win11. Increased file size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11. Increased file size: Why, when I migrated my music files from Win10 to Win11 suddenly increased in volume? My folder was 5 G on Win10 and now 15 G on Win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-increased-file-size/1da6de94-aee9-4ed1-9bd1-b167da48e7a1
  3. Win11. Increased file size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11. Increased file size: Why, when I migrated my music files from Win10 to Win11 suddenly increased in volume? My folder was 5 G on Win10 and now 15 G on Win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-increased-file-size/1da6de94-aee9-4ed1-9bd1-b167da48e7a1
  4. File downloads increasing in size.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File downloads increasing in size.: I have Windows 10. I have a large project that I am attempting to complete which involves hundreds of old receipts. As I complete more and more downloads, the file sizes get larger and larger. All the receipts are basically the same but file sizes range from 300 KB to almost...
  5. File downloads increasing in size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File downloads increasing in size.: I have Windows 10. I have a large project that I am attempting to complete which involves hundreds of old receipts. As I complete more and more downloads, the file sizes get larger and larger. All the receipts are basically the same but file sizes range from 300 KB to almost...
  6. Windows 10 file size for the files not in the drive is increasing

Windows 10 file size for the files not in the drive is increasing: Today I was checking my storage using Treesize. I found out that my drive is using 60.8 GB of my storage. When I went to the storage settings it said that my drive is using 63.1 GB of my storage. Yesterday when I checked my storage on the storage settings it was 60 GB of my...
  7. Thumbnail file size goes on increasing

Thumbnail file size goes on increasing: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit (v 1903). I noticed that my thumbnails file size keeps on increasing. Usually it used to be 15 to 30 MB. But since I installed version 1803, I noticed this abnormal issue. I keep on deleting the thumbnails file but again it goes on increasing...
  8. Download size increasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download size increasing: I recently bought forza horizon 4 and ive been downloading it for 2 hours it was 64gb and it just keeps going up i am now at 110gb i have reset it i everytime i try to download it it goes up from 110...
  9. ARK: Survival Evolved download size increasing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ARK: Survival Evolved download size increasing.: Began installing ARK the other day from the windows store and all was good. But after getting to around 35-40GB of the 76GB install problems began. The blue percentage bar reset but the amount downloaded didn't so I thought nothing of it. Once it got to 76/76Gb downloaded the...
  10. Increase partition size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase partition size: Had 8.1 then downloaded 10, unfortunately when I originally installed 8.1 I made my C partition too small and it's almost full all the time. Is there anyway to increase the size? Also I want to reset my PC right now since it's gotten extremely sluggish for some odd...