Windows 10: file drive

Discus and support file drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to reconnect file drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-drive/467fcb3a-30c9-4fcd-a50e-5eefa3432a93 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PamelaHugus, May 23, 2020.

1. file drive

How to reconnect file drive

:)

PamelaHugus, May 23, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 23, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

4. Drone Win User

file drive

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, May 23, 2020
Thema:

file drive

1. file drive - Similar Threads - file drive

2. My files on my D drive are blocked. How do i unblock them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My files on my D drive are blocked. How do i unblock them?: Do i need to wipe my drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-files-on-my-d-drive-are-blocked-how-do-i/75164e47-7df3-4666-b9e2-5d62f62eb459
  3. My files on my D drive are blocked. How do i unblock them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My files on my D drive are blocked. How do i unblock them?: Do i need to wipe my drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-files-on-my-d-drive-are-blocked-how-do-i/75164e47-7df3-4666-b9e2-5d62f62eb459
  4. One Drive is holding my files hostage.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive is holding my files hostage.: I frequently download files and save them to folders on my companies one drive. The issues is once there saved they never show in the selected folder or anywhere on my system. If I try and download the files again the safe as window shows the files in the folder as sync...
  5. One Drive is holding my files hostage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive is holding my files hostage.: I frequently download files and save them to folders on my companies one drive. The issues is once there saved they never show in the selected folder or anywhere on my system. If I try and download the files again the safe as window shows the files in the folder as sync...
  6. One Drive is holding my files hostage.

7. Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title...: I am moving from one website platform to another and the new website will not accept spaces or capitalized letters in the image titles.So i have to edit 10,000 image titles. They are all in the same format but they have spaces and 2 capitalized letters.I tried Power Rename...
  8. Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title...

Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title...: I am moving from one website platform to another and the new website will not accept spaces or capitalized letters in the image titles.So i have to edit 10,000 image titles. They are all in the same format but they have spaces and 2 capitalized letters.I tried Power Rename...
  9. how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?: How do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?When I attempt to upload any files to my 1TB laptop, the files are 'claimed' by 'drive' that tells me it is full and wants me to buy more space'., But I have a 1TB laptop and don't need space.I tried to upload to...
  10. how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?

how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?: How do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?When I attempt to upload any files to my 1TB laptop, the files are 'claimed' by 'drive' that tells me it is full and wants me to buy more space'., But I have a 1TB laptop and don't need space.I tried to upload to...