Windows 10: file drive

Discus and support file drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to reconnect file drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-drive/467fcb3a-30c9-4fcd-a50e-5eefa3432a93 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PamelaHugus, May 23, 2020.

1. file drive

How to reconnect file drive

:)

PamelaHugus, May 23, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 23, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

4. Drone Win User

file drive

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, May 23, 2020
Thema:

file drive

1. file drive - Similar Threads - file drive

2. How do I copy all my files to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I copy all my files to an external drive?: I’m about to hard reset my pc to clear everything. Is there a way that i could copy every file from my pc to my external drive. i know the drive has enough space for it plus i don’t want to have to pick and choose files only to realize i missed something important later....
  3. Can Ready Boost and File History coexist on the same drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Ready Boost and File History coexist on the same drive: Hi, Is it possible to have Ready Boost and File History on the same drive for Windows 10? For example if there is a USB Flash drive or a SD Card or MicroSD Card having capacity of 64 GB or higher then can we put Ready Boost and File History on the same drive? Has anybody...
  4. Hard Drive with 3 partitions not showing up in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive with 3 partitions not showing up in File Explorer: I installed Windows 10 Pro from scratch on an existing PC. I have 5 internal hard drives with partitions and data on each. I see the drives on "Disk Management", they show as being Online, but there are no drive letters assigned. Therefore, they're not showing up in File...
  5. uhh..... can i delete this file from a usb drive... it's copied.. I dont think its the real...

uhh..... can i delete this file from a usb drive... it's copied.. I dont think its the real...: HELP! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My brother copied the WHOLE windows file onto my usb and.... you see the isssue.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uhh-can-i-delete-this-file-from-a-usb-drive-its/30bdd660-bf7a-4af2-9600-991246d0caf5
  6. Windows 10 PRO unable to access shared drive on Peer to Peer Network, files on Windows 7 Home

Windows 10 PRO unable to access shared drive on Peer to Peer Network, files on Windows 7 Home: So I have all my files on a Windows 7 Home computer. I have numerous computers running Windows 10 home, all can access the files. All using Norton security and firewall. My own computer was running Windows 10 Home, and I upgraded to PRO, and no problem accessing shared files....
  7. One Drive Issue Leading to Lost Files

One Drive Issue Leading to Lost Files: Hello. I'm a writer, and I thought my files were stored locally on my computer. I had the folder synced with One drive as an additional backup. I recently ran out of space on OneDrive and decided to disable the sync because the red icons were an eyesore. I disabled...
  8. Can show hidden files but not empty drives?

Can show hidden files but not empty drives?: Hello, first sorry im not speak english. Is possible show hidden folder and files but hide empty drives? I need if is possible, view folders, and files hidden. But i have a card reader and in the explorar show all units even empty units. It's quite annoying. I have...
  9. How to make CD.DVD drive appear in File Explorer

How to make CD.DVD drive appear in File Explorer: I have Windows 10 on my Surface Book with an LG CD/DVD player. For the first time I tried to use File Explorer to burn an Audio CD. Using the Send To feature, I could find CD/DVD drive showing. How do I make it appear on File Explorer? I'd appreciate the help....
  10. File History Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File History Drive: I have lost my file history drive , is there anything I can do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-drive/17d5237c-a1a9-4012-8ee9-272fd9f6ae1c