Windows 10: File, edit, view etc. disappeared.

Discus and support File, edit, view etc. disappeared. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had a taskbar with the old suspects: file, edit, view, etc. on my Chrome and it has suddenly disappeared. Can anyone please help me get it back; it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tony Vella, Feb 21, 2019.

1. File, edit, view etc. disappeared.

I had a taskbar with the old suspects: file, edit, view, etc. on my Chrome and it has suddenly disappeared. Can anyone please help me get it back; it's very important to me.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Tony Vella, Feb 21, 2019

2. File,Edit, View

How to I restore my File Edit, view toolbar in Windows 10? Tried the F11 suggestion, did not work. When I right on a black space, only receive the Restore , Move, Resize etc window.

JoyceLeonard, Feb 21, 2019
  3. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

File, edit, view etc. disappeared.

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

File, edit, view etc. disappeared.

1. File, edit, view etc. disappeared. - Similar Threads - File edit view

2. Viewing/editing a snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing/editing a snip: Hi there,I use the snipping tool a lot and up until tonight immediately after taking the snip it would open up on the screen so I could check it/edit it etc. Tonight I took a snip and a box opened up and asked me how I wanted to view the snip, I thought I clicked 'snipping...
  3. Viewing/editing a snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing/editing a snip: Hi there,I use the snipping tool a lot and up until tonight immediately after taking the snip it would open up on the screen so I could check it/edit it etc. Tonight I took a snip and a box opened up and asked me how I wanted to view the snip, I thought I clicked 'snipping...
  4. Editing existing files that disappear.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing existing files that disappear.: Every time I open a file to edit it, the file disappears before I can do anything. I need to copy and edit files as part of my job. What do I do to correct this?...
  5. Editing existing files that disappear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing existing files that disappear.: Every time I open a file to edit it, the file disappears before I can do anything. I need to copy and edit files as part of my job. What do I do to correct this?...
  6. Editing existing files that disappear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Win10 or Edge update disrupts file view, favorites etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 or Edge update disrupts file view, favorites etc: About a week ago Jan 2021, auto updates caused some serious disconnects. Seems the changes hid my user files in the background as well as my favorites. My system log in name and password still work. Thankfully, I see my files if I search down in c:\users]xx, , but they are...
  8. Finding File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Finding File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, etc.: Recently got Windows 10 and don't see the usual bar with the features listed above. I've read about this issue in these forums, but the responses are several years old and don't help me. How do I get these valuable features that were so helpful in Windows 7? Would appreciate...
  9. File, edit, view etc. disappeared.

in Browsers and Email
    File, edit, view etc. disappeared.: I had a taskbar with the old suspects: file, edit, view, etc. on my Chrome and it has suddenly disappeared. Can anyone please help me get it back; it's very important to me. Thanks in advance. 127634
  10. file edit view etc

in Browsers and Email
    file edit view etc: Using Bing, can you get like file,edit, view? On internet exployer I got these by pressing Alt and right click at toolbars. thanks carol 21925