Windows 10: File encryption doesn't seem to be working

Discus and support File encryption doesn't seem to be working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to encrypt a file. I select the file, go to Properties, go to Advanced. Encrypt contents to secure data is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarkSurles, Jul 19, 2019.

1. File encryption doesn't seem to be working

I have Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to encrypt a file.

I select the file, go to Properties, go to Advanced.

Encrypt contents to secure data is available, and I check that box.

I hit OK, then Apply. I'm prompted to encrypt the parent folder, and I select Yes.

Then nothing happens! I'm not prompted for a password. When I go back to the Advanced menu I see Encrypt contents to secure data is checked.

I can still open the file without using a password.

Any suggestions?

:)

MarkSurles, Jul 19, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

File encryption doesn't seem to be working [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Jul 19, 2019
  4. File encryption doesn't seem to be working

encrypted files

Hi Iman,

Error message 0x80071771 means that you need to restore the file encryption key in order for you to decrypt the encrypted files. On the other hand, you can still try these steps and see if it will work:

• Right-click the file or folder that you want to decrypt.
    • Click File ownership and click Personal.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

File encryption doesn't seem to be working

1. File encryption doesn't seem to be working - Similar Threads - File encryption doesn't

2. Snipping tool doesn't seem to be working !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool doesn't seem to be working !: Snipping tool is not working properly . The default folder is set to onedrive. User has local administrative rights . whenever try to snip it from "New button " on snipping tool , its not copying to clipboard at all . IF I try to do it through short cut , its copying . but...
  3. Snipping tool doesn't seem to be working !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool doesn't seem to be working !: Snipping tool is not working properly . The default folder is set to onedrive. User has local administrative rights . whenever try to snip it from "New button " on snipping tool , its not copying to clipboard at all . IF I try to do it through short cut , its copying . but...
  4. File history doesn't seem to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File history doesn't seem to work: I have file history running and it says it has backed up but when I look at the files on my external hard drive, they all show as last modified about three months ago....
  5. File history doesn't seem to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File history doesn't seem to work: I have file history running and it says it has backed up but when I look at the files on my external hard drive, they all show as last modified about three months ago....
  6. File history doesn't seem to work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows doesn't seem to be working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't seem to be working: Startup menu - get error message that tells me it will try to fix if I sign out No Cortana search box - can't type anything into it Links in various sections of the Home area get no respone - such as "get help" or "provide feedback" - nothing happens when I click on the...
  8. Screenshot doesn't seem to work anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshot doesn't seem to work anymore: The last time I was able to take a screenshot was on Nov 30. They used to be stored in Pictures/Screenshots but that has stopped and I have no idea if the Fn + Prt Sc buttons no longer work or if the photos are now being stored elsewhere. I have spent hours trying to fix...
  9. 'Windows Hello' doesn't work, Camera doesn't seem to be working either?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    'Windows Hello' doesn't work, Camera doesn't seem to be working either?: So my Windows Hello facial recognition hasn't worked for a few weeks, and I recently noticed that the infrared light that turns on next to the camera no longer turns on. I tried the 'improve facial recognition' option but that just displays a blank window when I do so... I...
  10. How to backup my computer? File History doesn't seem to work...!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to backup my computer? File History doesn't seem to work...!: I have enabled File History, and set it so the system will do so, while deleting the oldest versions of files as the external device is full. But when I try to look at previous versions of individual files through "Properties", it says none are available..! What to do..?...