Windows 10: File encryption keeps returning even if I remove them

Discus and support File encryption keeps returning even if I remove them in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I encrypted some files, now even if I decrypted them, when I copy / zip / they return as encrypted. I would like the full decryption of the files,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MrRevolution, Jan 9, 2021.

1. File encryption keeps returning even if I remove them

I encrypted some files, now even if I decrypted them, when I copy / zip / they return as encrypted.

I would like the full decryption of the files, how can I do that? I don't need this encryption anymore and I don't want to keep saving this pfx key to restore access to my files

I've tried to remove the certificates but to no avail...

thanks!

:)

MrRevolution, Jan 9, 2021

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Jan 9, 2021
  3. File Encryption

Yes,

That is indeed the way to do it. Please observe the following:

• Turning off the encryption setting does not remove encryption
    • Hard resetting your device destroys the only copy of the encryption key, and thus your access to these precious pictures.
    I would suggest copying them reguraly, or you can automate this using Microsoft's MyPhone service (free).

Jaap

Eigenaar van Modern Nomads - SEO Beheerder van http://wiki.pdatotaal.info

Jaap v. Ekris, Jan 9, 2021
  4. File encryption keeps returning even if I remove them

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

File encryption keeps returning even if I remove them

1. File encryption keeps returning even if I remove them - Similar Threads - File encryption keeps

2. Removed device keeps returning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed device keeps returning: I used to use a wireless Logitech headset but it broke so I removed the device from my PC and on a restart it comes back. I've used the device manager to uninstall it but it always comes back. The dongle for it went in the bin along with the headset so I don't understand why...
  3. Removed device keeps returning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removed device keeps returning: I used to use a wireless Logitech headset but it broke so I removed the device from my PC and on a restart it comes back. I've used the device manager to uninstall it but it always comes back. The dongle for it went in the bin along with the headset so I don't understand why...
  4. Removed device keeps returning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Files are lost after I returned them to their original location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are lost after I returned them to their original location: I was trying to organise my files when I decided against a change, I used the CTRL Z shortcut to return some files to their original location, however when I did this I saw the files disappear from their new folder but they never appeared in the original one that I was...
  6. Files are lost after I returned them to their original location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files are lost after I returned them to their original location: I was trying to organise my files when I decided against a change, I used the CTRL Z shortcut to return some files to their original location, however when I did this I saw the files disappear from their new folder but they never appeared in the original one that I was...
  7. File Explorer Encryption Removal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Encryption Removal: Hello all, I am having troubles removing the file encryption from my documents folder within file explorer. It started when I was made aware that files could be encrypted within windows and so I tried to use this feature on one sub folder within documents. I was hoping for...
  8. To remove encryption of file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    To remove encryption of file: My one of the folder is encrypted and error code 0x80071771 how to resolve. I changed operating system windows 10 instead of windows 10 pro Asking administrator permission. But I forgot administrator details and password Please let me know how to resolve this problem....
  9. Windows defender keeps flagging Threats even though I have removed them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender keeps flagging Threats even though I have removed them: I deleted Nox (android emulator) using safe mode as it would not let me uninstall it normally. After that I ran a few scans and even after removing or quarantining the threats every subsequent scan they still show up. I ran a malwarebytes scan and nothing showed up there so...
  10. Deleted File Keeps Returning

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted File Keeps Returning: I'm on a Windows 7 desktop at the moment, working with an external USB drive connected to my Windows 10 laptop. I have it shared via the network. Every time I delete the file, it seems to delete, but as soon as I refresh the Windows Explorer window it returns. I also tried...