Windows 10: File encryption software recommendations

Discus and support File encryption software recommendations in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all. I'm looking for file encryption software recommendations. Basically I need something to secure my important files on my own device and also on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tremblayt, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Tremblayt Win User

File encryption software recommendations

Hey all. I'm looking for file encryption software recommendations. Basically I need something to secure my important files on my own device and also on cloud storage. I've been looking at some options and right now I'm trying to choose between NordLocker, VeraCrypt and Cryptomator. It doesn't matter if it's paid or free - I just need some reliable security. Obviously I'm using Windows 10 and my cloud storage is OneDrive. Thank you for your suggestions.

:)

Tremblayt, Jan 29, 2020

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Jan 29, 2020
  3. modder Win User
    Software encryption

read this:
    The Encrypting File System (EFS) is a file system driver with filesystem-level encryption available in Microsoft Windows (2000 and later) operating systems, except Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Vista Basic, and Windows Vista Home Premium. The technology transparently allows files to be encrypted on NTFS file systems to protect confidential data from attackers with physical access to the computer.

User authentication and access control lists can protect files from unauthorized access while the operating system is running, but are easily circumvented if an attacker gains physical access to the computer. One solution is to store the files encrypted on the disks of the computer. EFS does this using public key cryptography, and aims to ensure that decrypting the files is in theory impossible without the correct key. However, EFS is in practice susceptible to brute-force attacks against the user account passwords. In other words, encryption of files is only as strong as the password to unlock the decryption key.

read more ...wikipedia Encrypting File System - Wikipedia

modder, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

Recommendations For A Portable File Encryption Utility

Hypercrypt:

Hyper Crypt 2.0 | Portable Encryption Software

File encryption software recommendations [​IMG]

You need to add a key and choose encryption options. The original file remains and an encrypted copy is created unless you choose to overwrite the original.

File encryption software recommendations [​IMG]

Callender, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. File encryption software recommendations - Similar Threads - File encryption software

2. Encryption Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption Software: I'm currently looking for software that will encrypt a user account on Windows. For example, I have VeraCrypt that encrypts my whole system partition but I would like a program to encrypt individual user accounts and unlock after the person logs in with Windows Hello. 183655
  3. Free file encryption software - idoo file encryption, It' free now

Free file encryption software - idoo file encryption, It' free now: Found a free file encryption software-- idoo File Encryption Software is an easy-to-use software to encrypt files folder , which would protect files by password. It is compatible to O.S. of Windows 7/8/10/Xp/Vista/2000. Additionally we give you a unique ability to fully...
  4. How to choose file encryption software

How to choose file encryption software: I want to buy an encryption software. I don’t know which one is better. Most software claims to be very powerful, but I don’t know how to write programs. For example, some software has the function of hiding and protecting files, but I want to know whether the hidden and...
  5. Recommendations on formatting software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommendations on formatting software?: I have a HDD that is stuck in RAW and the built in windows format is unable to do it in right-click, disk management and command prompt. I saw a video recommending I use a third-party software to fix the issue, any recommendations? submitted by /u/Fahzi_ [link] [comments]...
  6. Recommendation Editing Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommendation Editing Software: I am trying to find an editing software that has timelines, allows me to add images into my videos. I am currently using microsoft photos app which does not have timelines, thus can't add images into my video. I hoping you would recommend me a free editing software that has...
  7. Recommendations For A Portable File Encryption Utility

Recommendations For A Portable File Encryption Utility: Many moons ago in the days of Win XP I used a wonderful small tool called dsCrypt to encrypt individual files: DS Software Sadly, the software is no longer maintained and does not work on any version of Windows above XP. Any recommendations for something similar for Win 10?...
  8. Encryption software

Encryption software: Not a national security issue, but I have a couple of files that I'd like to encryption so casual users, like a friend a my party who wants to search the web for something, would not see it accidentally. Preferably something free and easy to use. Any suggestions?
  9. Recommendations for encryption & locking software wanted

Recommendations for encryption & locking software wanted: I currently us a program called Protect Folder by Everstrike Software. I'm fairly satisfied with the product, but I'm not sure the company is still a going concern. Also, the few times I've tried to get technical support I got no response. So I'm trying to find alternatives....
  10. Recommendations on Cloning Software

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recommendations on Cloning Software: Hello, I am a Mac person, but trying to learn more about supporting Windows. I am looking for recommendations on finding good cloning software for PCs. On Mac, we have CCC which is a dream to use! Also, I am looking for a solution that is stable, idiot-proof, and...