Windows 10: File.exe changed into weird icon

Discus and support File.exe changed into weird icon in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Pls help, suddenly all my .exe file changed into this weirdo. I think i got a virus and I just dont know what it is and how to get rid of them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Snowflakas, Nov 16, 2018.

1. File.exe changed into weird icon

Pls help, suddenly all my .exe file changed into this weirdo. I think i got a virus and I just dont know what it is and how to get rid of them. File.exe changed into weird icon 56db8b06-46ba-4f5c-b74c-ed3a7da0242b?upload=true.png

:)

Snowflakas, Nov 16, 2018

2. Custom File Icons?

I've got a program that creates various file types; some of these are associated with the program and display its icon. Is it possible to keep the file association, but change the icons for some of the associated types so they stand out in a listing?

If so, then ideally I'd like to extract the icon from the exe, make three slightly different versions, and make these display (at all scales) for the three main file types. Any suggestions for tools to do this? I have Photoshop CS5.

nigelmercier, Nov 16, 2018
  3. I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Mr McC Win User

File.exe changed into weird icon

Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused File.exe changed into weird icon :confused:

Mr McC, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

File.exe changed into weird icon

1. File.exe changed into weird icon - Similar Threads - File exe changed

2. *.exe icons changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *.exe icons changed: I am running Windows 11. All of my *.exe files have turned into this iconI have deleted the following files:%LOCALAPPDATA%\IconCache.db%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\icon*.db, %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumb*.dbI have also run "sfc /scannow" which...
  3. *.exe icons changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *.exe icons changed: I am running Windows 11. All of my *.exe files have turned into this iconI have deleted the following files:%LOCALAPPDATA%\IconCache.db%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\icon*.db, %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumb*.dbI have also run "sfc /scannow" which...
  4. exe file missed icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe file missed icon: I have a exe file missed icon.The exe file of the program Exact Audio Copy in the folder C:\Program Files x86\Exact Audio Copyhas missed it's icon as what my screenshot has shown.I have uninstall the program and reinstall it many times but still not work.If I install the...
  5. exe file missed icon

exe file missed icon: I have a exe file missed icon.The exe file of the program Exact Audio Copy in the folder C:\Program Files x86\Exact Audio Copyhas missed it's icon as what my screenshot has shown.I have uninstall the program and reinstall it many times but still not work.If I install the...
  6. Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon

Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon: Hi all,I have a highly customized system and among the changes I made to other icons, I somehow changed my .exe icon too, MEANING that most ALL .exe files now have the SAME custom icon rather than the icon for each program like they are generally supposed to have. Example:...
  7. How to change an .exe icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change an .exe icon?: I have a program with no icon and it's been bugging me and want to change it's icon to my own. Is there any way to do this? submitted by /u/Got69TypesOfMalware [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4w67g/how_to_change_an_exe_icon/
  8. how do you change an icon of a .exe file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you change an icon of a .exe file?: yeah all i really need to figure out is how to change an icon of a .exe file. i tried going into properties but there seems to be no way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-an-icon-of-a-exe-file/42646a8b-53f8-48b5-ae6f-2131d568eb50
  9. Changing EXE Icons not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing EXE Icons not working: So in a nutshell what I am trying to do is change the icon of an executable, sounds simple right? Here is what I have done: 1) Open the EXE in Resource Hacker 2) Replace the Icon with the Icon I want. My icon has all the sizes including the mini task bar/frame icon....
  10. Change icon for .exe

Change icon for .exe: I am using Windows 10 Home 64 and want to change the .exe icon for a program I have. If I go to properties there is no way to do this so how is this done in Windows 10 without creating a shortcut or another program? I used to be able to do this before Windows 10. Also there...