Windows 10: file explore flashes and locks up when it is being moved between to monitors.

Discus and support file explore flashes and locks up when it is being moved between to monitors. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; every time i try to move file explore for one monitor to the next it locks up and closes out. Please advise on a fix.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Will Gillis, Aug 21, 2018.

1. file explore flashes and locks up when it is being moved between to monitors.

every time i try to move file explore for one monitor to the next it locks up and closes out. Please advise on a fix.

:)

Will Gillis, Aug 21, 2018

2. file explorer freezes, minimizes and flashes when i try to reduce move the page (eg to move it to second monitor or minimise)

file explorer freezes, minimizes and flashes when i try to reduce move the page (eg to move it to second monitor or minimise)

I have a surface pro 4 with office 2016 and windows 10

I used a scan which said there was a stability problem

CherylR_1964, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

file explore flashes and locks up when it is being moved between to monitors.

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

file explore flashes and locks up when it is being moved between to monitors.

1. file explore flashes and locks up when it is being moved between to monitors. - Similar Threads - file explore flashes

2. Help with moving windows between monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with moving windows between monitors.: Pressing windows+shift+right/left arrow key has stopped working for me, and i have no idea why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-moving-windows-between-monitors/2e4a5ab8-1d1b-4497-a98a-fb5738a45fc2
  3. Help with moving windows between monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with moving windows between monitors.: Pressing windows+shift+right/left arrow key has stopped working for me, and i have no idea why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-moving-windows-between-monitors/2e4a5ab8-1d1b-4497-a98a-fb5738a45fc2
  4. Problems moving cursor between monitors,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems moving cursor between monitors,: Problems moving cursor between monitors, Was working earlier but cannot move cursor now after some tweaking. I can move browser frames partially into adjacent screens but not to the point that the pointer will enter. I' think I might know where the problem is... looking at...
  5. Programs are being moved between dual monitors based on the monitor's powered on status

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs are being moved between dual monitors based on the monitor's powered on status: Programs are being moved between dual monitors based on the monitor's powered-up status. I keep a number of programs weather, diary, Outlook, etc. that only get cursory usage during the day on the #2 monitor. The main monitor #1 I like to keep my main programs Word, Excel,...
  6. BSOD when moving excel windows between monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when moving excel windows between monitors: Windows Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804) I've been getting UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP BSODs when I move excel windows from one monitor to another using the keyboard shotcut (win+shift+left). It's specifically when I move it away from the monitor that is using a USB video...
  7. File Explorer flashes when minimized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer flashes when minimized: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/al-herbi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqt4kd/file_explorer_flashes_when_minimized/
  8. Moving between items in file explorer windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving between items in file explorer windows 10: Hey, I'm New on Windows 10, so i had a few things to discover and get used to. But one thing bothered me and i couldn't get used to it, which is the navigation between items in file explorer, in Windows 8 I was moving between the items and rows with just the arrow keys. Now...
  9. Monitor flashes OSD LOCKED

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor flashes OSD LOCKED: Monitor flashes OSD LOCKED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-flashes-osd-locked/948d70c8-950c-41af-b3bb-92319a5608fb
  10. Windows Moving Between Monitors By Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Moving Between Monitors By Themselves: Hey guys, first post on the forum and quite an annoying bug. I'm running Windows 10 Professional, and have a triple monitor setup. I have two 22" Dell monitors side by side, and I have my 55" Vizio TV mounted on the wall above my monitors. The Dell monitors are connected to...