Windows 10: file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

Discus and support file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ostenchau, Jan 24, 2023.

1. ostenchau Win User

file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files.

:)

ostenchau, Jan 24, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Jan 24, 2023
  4. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

File Explorer, Right click not responsive

Regarding your concern with File Explorer, we suggest that you follow these steps to resolve your query.

• Open File Explorer and click the View tab.
    • Click Options, and select Change folders and search options. The
      Folder Options window should pop up.
    • Click View tab and check mark “Always show icons, never thumbnails.”
      file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture 0a0866ea-811b-444d-836e-f29ca744e5b5.jpg
    • Click Apply and click Yes, when it asks, “Do you want all folders of this type to match this folder’s view settings?”
    • Click OK to close the Folder Options window and you may now use your File Explorer.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

1. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture - Similar Threads - file explore Freezing

2. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files. i have already asked this but it came back, every single method i tried only fixes for a few days then it comes back...
  3. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files. i have already asked this but it came back, every single method i tried only fixes for a few days then it comes back...
  4. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files....
  6. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files....
  7. File Explorer freezes when right-clicking on a removable disk.

File Explorer freezes when right-clicking on a removable disk.: Whenever I right click on a removable disk directory in the file explorer navigation pane, one of two things happens. It either takes a long time to load with a spinning wheel and the Not Responding appearing in the file explorer name, or file explorer completely crashes....
  8. file explorer freezes when i right click on a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer freezes when i right click on a file: file explorer freezes when i right click on a file, i ran sfc /scannow but it reports that nothing is wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-freezes-when-i-right-click-on-a-file/46248c43-55b8-41a7-a1b1-ea300801f245
  9. File Explorer keeps freezing when I right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer keeps freezing when I right click: I keep trying to right click on File Explorer but it will just freeze, and to close it I have to open Task Manager. I tried googling it but all I could find were Malware Guides that want you to download their special virus cleaner, or didn't relate to my problem. Please help....
  10. Files Explorer right click freeze Please help!

Files Explorer right click freeze Please help!: Whenever I open File Explorer and try to right click a folder or file it just shows the blue loading circle and then freezes! I'm running windows 10, I've tried searching everywhere. This is not the same as the desktop right click freeze. Please somebody help, this is what it...