Windows 10: File Explore.. viewing picture icon

Discus and support File Explore.. viewing picture icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I used to be able to view a jpg or jpeg file in any folder it was in when I selected that folder.. It was very useful when I wanted to include it in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wlapeer, Dec 7, 2018.

1. wlapeer Win User

File Explore.. viewing picture icon

I used to be able to view a jpg or jpeg file in any folder it was in when I selected that folder.. It was very useful when I wanted to include it in a email or text message and I did not have to memorize the file name instead of looking at the picture and choosing it.. why does this not work anymore.. All I get is the same icon and one hase to click on it then it opens a program to view the picture.. Kinda a lot to do to just send a picture to a friend of post it on face book or whatever..

:)

wlapeer, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 7, 2018
  3. How to display tile view for pictures in the File Explorer.

Hi Matthew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in files view settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on Tiles view of pictures.

1. Open File Explorer where pictures are present.

2. Right click on the blank space in the File Explorer.

3. Then click on View option from the list and choose
    Tiles.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 7, 2018
  4. File Explore.. viewing picture icon

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

File Explore.. viewing picture icon

1. File Explore.. viewing picture icon - Similar Threads - File Explore viewing

2. Opening File Explorer with large icon view

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Opening File Explorer with large icon view: It seems it takes longer then it should for windows to show the icon view, I know my system is older, but still it just seems to be slow. I get the green progress bar as the folders and files are refreshed. Isn't this cached? Any suggestions on how I can investigate this?...
  3. Extra Folder Icons in File Explorer "Open" view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extra Folder Icons in File Explorer "Open" view: For some reason Windows insisted on forcing folder like Pictures, Videos, and Music on us. I did not want these and so I went into the registry and hid the folders, which worked great for the normal File Explorer. The method for editing the registry is here...
  4. Viewing file explorer

Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  5. File Explorer same view for all files

File Explorer same view for all files: I want File Explore to show all files in list view. 64653
  6. Viewing pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing pictures: I have an ACDsee picture viewer that I like to use, but everytime I click on a picture the windows photo viewer shows the picture, how can I stop this and view my picture in ACDsee 25875
  7. Cannot set file explorer file view

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot set file explorer file view: Hi, For some reason my win 10 (64 b) install always shows images in file view instead of Details. When I try to apply the details setting to all folders, that selection is always grayed out. Can someone help? Thanks, Ed 72879
  8. View refresh in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    View refresh in file explorer: In W7 I could refresh the file list after deleting files using the view menu and the refresh option. W10 does not remove deleted files from view at once nor does it have a way of doing it manually that I can find. I can't believe it no longer exists. Thanks J 39365
  9. File explorer view settings

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view settings: I know how to set the view display when browsing folders, but if I use the search facility, the default view is always Content. I would rather the default view for searches, and indeed all views in File Explorer, to be Details. How do I change the default? 105136
  10. File explorer view file/folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view file/folder properties: So I want all folders and files to view as "large icons"(I'm doing all of this in File Explorer) I went to C: drive, and clicked on large icons so folders and files display as such >Folder options>click on the view tab> then Apply to Folders [img] Folders and files...