Windows 10: File Explorer 1909

Discus and support File Explorer 1909 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 1. If you use File Explorer to Open a document whose application has an Auto-Save feature and you leave File Explorer minimized then when the Auto-Save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OldW7Guy, Dec 10, 2019.

1. OldW7Guy Win User

File Explorer 1909

1. If you use File Explorer to Open a document whose application has an Auto-Save feature and you leave File Explorer minimized then when the Auto-Save runs File Explorer will be hung. At that point if you use Task Manager to Restart the system will hang part way through.

2. The Search Tools are Not available when you click in the Search Box, you must enter your search and press Enter before the Search Tools are displayed. Then when you select Current Folder nothing happens, the Search Box is disabled but if you click on the Blue Arrow and then on Current Folder again the Search Results will be updated.

File Explorer 1909 is Not Ready for use.

:)

OldW7Guy, Dec 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 10, 2019
  3. neilpzz Win User
    File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

If I type pdf in File Explorer search I see an instant list of pdf files in that folder, selecting one in the list opens the pdf file. Typing *.pdf in search searches the folder and produces a complete list in File Explorer of the pdf files in the folder.
    Version 1909 build 18363.476

File Explorer 1909 8367888a-9c91-40f3-b4a6-9cd3ac248467?upload=true.png

This is expected behavior, by design. If you have problems with search then there is a problem with the install of Windows 10 on your device.

I would suggest system file scans, in the first instance.

Method 1:

Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin). Or PowerShell (Admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

after the scan is complete type the following and press Enter

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

then use method 2.

Method 2:

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin). Or PowerShell (Admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

After completing the scans restart using Start > Power > Restart.

neilpzz, Dec 10, 2019
  4. RickyGeu Win User

File Explorer 1909

1909 Update file explorer search issue.

RickyGeu, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer 1909

1. File Explorer 1909 - Similar Threads - File Explorer 1909

2. File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909: Hello, New to this, hopefully I did this correctly Question asked, but " This thread is locked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-search-not-working-in-windows-10/3c70ea75-79a8-4f3b-b10a-86be1f22931c As some/many have posted,...
  3. File Explorer Crashing version 1909

File Explorer Crashing version 1909: Hi, I installed new fresh windows old version 1903 and updated 1909, when I clicking on file explorer always crashing please look at this gif , please fix this bug its annoyance for me I try it another solution to fix this bug, not happening to change, please please a report...
  4. This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SvenCuaresma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2llqd/this_1909_file_explorer_search_is_a_complete_mess/
  5. Missing search tab - File Explorer (Windows 10 - 1909)

Missing search tab - File Explorer (Windows 10 - 1909): Hello, I have installed the latest update of windows 10 (home and pro). Windows 10 Pro - 1909 (v. 18363.476) Now the "search" tab is no longer in the folders and I can't clear the search history either. Where is this tab?! [ATTACH]...
  6. Error on file search on File explorer after 1909

Error on file search on File explorer after 1909: Hello. After update 1909, the search on file explorer does not work properly. I really wish back to old type search or find anyone help me. When the search does not properly, the symptoms are as below; Firstly, I could not click the search box even left or right...
  7. File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909: Ever since I updated to Windows 10 1909 the Search Box in the File Explorer is completely unuseable. It shows a text cursor but I cannot click inside the box or type any text into it. Essentially it's a text box with no "wiring". Any ideas how to resolve this issue? I'm...
  8. 1909 Update file explorer search issue.

in Cortana
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.: New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr. I have tried to run...
  9. Anyone else bothered by this? (Windows 10 1909 File Explorer)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else bothered by this? (Windows 10 1909 File Explorer): [IMG] submitted by /u/Stick1000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvrf4n/anyone_else_bothered_by_this_windows_10_1909_file/
  10. Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue: What happened to explorer search? Unable to paste the copied file name to search for as it was in previous versions. I have to manually type the file name and press Enter. This is terrible! Why does Microsoft only make things worse with each new version ?!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search tab in explorer missing windows 10