Windows 10: File Explorer acting shifty

Discus and support File Explorer acting shifty in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to delete something in the documents, it says I need permission from myself to delete it: [ATTACH] Also, when I try to add a folder it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by recappuccino, Apr 19, 2021.

1. File Explorer acting shifty

When I try to delete something in the documents, it says I need permission from myself to delete it: File Explorer acting shifty 42678b05-4c42-43e9-8159-1d432ba70300?upload=true.png

Also, when I try to add a folder it says it doesn't even exist although it clearly does:

File Explorer acting shifty 7abbf875-be3a-4804-b4a3-16dc73cf85f1?upload=true.png

The same exact thing happens with my Photos and Videos folder.

The problem only seems to be apparent in File Explorer though, since it works fine in OneDrive app.

:)

recappuccino, Apr 19, 2021

2. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

File Explorer acting shifty

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer acting shifty

1. File Explorer acting shifty - Similar Threads - File Explorer acting

2. windows 11 file explorer is slow to open files, hangs, acts weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 file explorer is slow to open files, hangs, acts weird: i am a senior so bear with me. i have a frustrating issue with Windows 11 file explorer. i thought it was a problem with dropbox, and after hours of remote accessing, the problem still occurs. HELLLLPPPPP!when i call microsoft support for business, i get shuffled off to...
  3. windows 11 file explorer is slow to open files, hangs, acts weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 file explorer is slow to open files, hangs, acts weird: i am a senior so bear with me. i have a frustrating issue with Windows 11 file explorer. i thought it was a problem with dropbox, and after hours of remote accessing, the problem still occurs. HELLLLPPPPP!when i call microsoft support for business, i get shuffled off to...
  4. File Explorer Acting Up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Acting Up: Since 11/17, two computers on my network have experienced an issue with file explorer. They would open it up, and nothing would be showing except quick access, and it was trying to load. I was able to fixed this issue by restarting file explorer. Restarting the computer...
  5. File Explorer Acting Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Acting Up: Since 11/17, two computers on my network have experienced an issue with file explorer. They would open it up, and nothing would be showing except quick access, and it was trying to load. I was able to fixed this issue by restarting file explorer. Restarting the computer...
  6. File Explorer Acting Up

7. File explorer "Group by name" acts differenty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer "Group by name" acts differenty: Two PC, both Windows 10 latest version. File explorer "Group by name" on First PC: 3 groups starting with A-H Second PC: 4 groups starting with A-G ?????...
  8. Windows Explorer acting strangely..

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer acting strangely..: Explorer annoyed me with it's quick access thing making me wait and grouping things the way it wants and effectively putting things out of sight... so I disabled it via the view/options thing. and that worked for maybe ten minutes. Until I next shut down windows explorer...
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer acting strangely

Windows 10 File Explorer acting strangely: Earlier this morning it started lightly blinking, would happen a few times and then stop and then maybe do it again within the hour maybe not. Then File Expl. started moving my usb drives around, stayed in "This PC" view/folder but would switch E: with R: and then swap...
  10. Internet Explorer acting like Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer acting like Firefox: I was on Yahoo and accessed the Games. I accessed the daily crossword and I got the ad bypass window that Firefox displays and then the game came up. I tried a couple of the other games and it did the same thing. One thing fixed... 3503