Windows 10: File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths

Discus and support File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,How is the number paths in File Explorer's address bar dropdown controlled? I have not been able to find any information on this. For me recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rtepub, Jan 12, 2022.

1. rtepub Win User

File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths

Hi,How is the number paths in File Explorer's address bar dropdown controlled? I have not been able to find any information on this. For me recently upgraded to Windows 11, I only see 2-3 paths which is nearly useless. I would like to set the number of recent paths that are shown in the dropdown to 10 or even 20. How can I do this?Thanks!

:)

rtepub, Jan 12, 2022
  2. Mesquitos Win User

Dropdown showing document path

In Mac, you can right-click on the filenamein the title bar of a document window and get a dropdown menu showing all the enclosing folders in the file path of the document. Furthermore, you can select from that dropdown to open that enclosing folder.
    Is there a way to do this in Windows?
    Yes, I know that you can do Save As, but that is more steps than I would like and also that doesn't allow me to open any of the enclosing folders easily.

Mesquitos, Jan 12, 2022
  3. noob Win User
    "wrong path" after running command via address bar in explorer

after I run a command via the address bar in an explorer window, the path shown in the address bar will point to the command and not to the current folder

is there any known fix how to prevent this?

steps to reproduce:

1. open explorer
    2. place cursor into address bar
    3. run command (e.g cmd)
    4. place cursor into adress bar -> path will point to C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

4. Farvatten Win User

Using the file explorer address bar

I don't remember seeing this before either. Perhaps now what happens when using a local account?

File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths [​IMG]

Farvatten, Jan 12, 2022
Thema:

1. File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths - Similar Threads - File Explorer address

2. How to have full path always show in Address bar in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have full path always show in Address bar in file explorer?: As title, How I I get the Address bar in windows 11 file explorer to always show the full path? It used to always show, like C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common Now all I see is Steam > steam apps > commonHow do I get it Back to the full path? Again, this is for the...
  3. How to have full path always show in Address bar in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have full path always show in Address bar in file explorer?: As title, How I I get the Address bar in windows 11 file explorer to always show the full path? It used to always show, like C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common Now all I see is Steam > steam apps > commonHow do I get it Back to the full path? Again, this is for the...
  4. what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?: This pops up all the time when I click the address bar to ctrl+c the current path, how do I stop it? whatever tab I'm on, that dropdown will show that tabs path but it will then persist on every tab with the same path, not the path of the current tab, so if I click on it...
  5. what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?: This pops up all the time when I click the address bar to ctrl+c the current path, how do I stop it? whatever tab I'm on, that dropdown will show that tabs path but it will then persist on every tab with the same path, not the path of the current tab, so if I click on it...
  6. File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths: Hi,How is the number paths in File Explorer's address bar dropdown controlled? I have not been able to find any information on this. For me recently upgraded to Windows 11, I only see 2-3 paths which is nearly useless. I would like to set the number of recent paths that are...
  7. FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs: Is there any way to get the breadcrumb list to show more than 19 items - a setting somewhere, or in the registry?I'm tired of scrolling all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-address-bar-breadcrumbs/36f0d176-4052-45c0-bb36-912a0e1982a0
  8. Change windows explorer address bar height and dropdown spacing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change windows explorer address bar height and dropdown spacing: Hi there, Not too sure what this is called, but how do I reduce the height (marked as the red line in the screenshot) without affecting the breadcrumb font size? Also how do I increase the spacing in the dropdown, as they look real cramped up to me.. [img] 169725
  9. Dropdown showing document path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dropdown showing document path: In Mac, you can right-click on the filenamein the title bar of a document window and get a dropdown menu showing all the enclosing folders in the file path of the document. Furthermore, you can select from that dropdown to open that enclosing folder. Is there a way to do this...
  10. Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 File Explorer shows breadcrumbs in the address bar by default. Breadcrumbs display the hierarchy path of folders that were navigated...