Windows 10: File explorer along with taskbar keeps crashing and restarting

Discus and support File explorer along with taskbar keeps crashing and restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; windows explorer restarting in every second the whole time my desktop is logged in. tried many "solutions" found online like changing folder options ..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SajibRahman1, Nov 14, 2019.

1. File explorer along with taskbar keeps crashing and restarting

windows explorer restarting in every second the whole time my desktop is logged in. tried many "solutions" found online like changing folder options .. here i am adding my problem signature . also i can not run sfc /scannow , as it was mentioned being part of a fix or something . it stops at 12% . can i get a fix for it? my windows is up to date . changing user isnt solving the problem as i created new one after the problem start to check if it solves. also the problem stays in safe mode.

Source
    Windows Explorer

Summary
    Stopped working

Date
    ‎11/‎14/‎2019 11:49 PM

Status
    Report sent

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BEX64
    Application Name: explorer.exe
    Application Version: 10.0.18362.449
    Application Timestamp: d3046e6b
    Fault Module Name: ucrtbase.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.387
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4361b720
    Exception Offset: 000000000006db8e
    Exception Code: c0000409
    Exception Data: 0000000000000007
    OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: f27d
    Additional Information 2: f27df5799d519e8a89e35045e3813ed9
    Additional Information 3: 4eca
    Additional Information 4: 4eca7b4366015f3c20df75d283e62aaf

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: da7816cf08c4286946440279f7d23ce0 (1604410090122788064)

:)

SajibRahman1, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

File explorer along with taskbar keeps crashing and restarting

Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

File explorer along with taskbar keeps crashing and restarting

1. File explorer along with taskbar keeps crashing and restarting - Similar Threads - File explorer along

2. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps restarting: My file explorer keeps restarting every 2 seconds. The taskbar is gone and the wallpaper and apps keep flashing. The only app I can open is cmd and I've tried just about every code I know there. When I try to factory reset it tells me it failed. I don't know what to do. I'm...
  3. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer keeps restarting: My file explorer keeps restarting every 2 seconds. The taskbar is gone and the wallpaper and apps keep flashing. The only app I can open is cmd and I've tried just about every code I know there. When I try to factory reset it tells me it failed. I don't know what to do. I'm...
  4. File explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer keeps crashing: I have multiple users experiencing the same issue.File explorer crashes. System is un-usable until explorer comes back around. When it does, all network shares are gone.I have tried the window scaling suggestion. No helpI have done the sfc / scannow. No help, no errorsI have...
  5. File Explorer or Taskbar keep crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer or Taskbar keep crashing: After one of countless updates my PC is having problems. If I click an open file folder, or group of file folders on the taskbar, my screen goes black. Then, desktop restarts. My open programs are restored after this failure. Any open folders are closed. Also closed are...
  6. Keeping Date on taskbar along with clock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keeping Date on taskbar along with clock: Is there a way to get the date info along with the clock on the taskbar and still choose "small icons"?...
  7. File explore keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explore keeps crashing: HI everyone I have Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 on a Dell Latitude 7280 I have been unable to use File Explorer. As soon as I open it, it crashes: Details of the problem report below. I have tried running sfc/scannow, changing display...
  8. File Explorer Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer Keeps Crashing: I have seen this on other threads but I haven't been able to fix it yet. I run Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3 with 2 additional screens, a Dell and an LG. Everything has worked fine for the first few months, but in the last week I have had the same issue every single...
  9. File Explorer keeps crashing/restarting/flickering

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer keeps crashing/restarting/flickering: I am having an incredibly frustrating set of problems that I believe started in the past two weeks or so. It's happening on two different computers but both are virtually identical: Windows 10, nVidia Quadro 4000m, Dell 5k monitors, and basically the same software installed...
  10. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer keeps restarting: Hay guys. I have windows 10. And i have a problem. I installed windows 10 several months ago on one partition of my hard drive. This partition was just intended for testing windows 10, and i had another partition with my usual windows and one more with another (backup)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows taskbar keeps restarting

2. windows 10 taskbar keeps restarting