Windows 10: File Explorer always opens on startup

Discus and support File Explorer always opens on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows file explorer always opens on startup, and I cannot get it to stop. It always pulls up on the OneDrive Files (not sure if that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KristiLK, Sep 4, 2018.

1. KristiLK Win User

File Explorer always opens on startup

My windows file explorer always opens on startup, and I cannot get it to stop. It always pulls up on the OneDrive Files (not sure if that is relevant). I cannot find a way to get it to not open. Any help?

:)

KristiLK, Sep 4, 2018
  2. RicVittum Win User

File Explorer Windows 10 - How do you stop it from opening at startup

That's not Windows 10. Mine opens that stupid window at the startup, and checking the startup folder, there is NO item there saying Files Explorer. That was no help at all.

RicVittum, Sep 4, 2018
  3. File Explorer Windows 10 - How do you stop it from opening at startup

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to open the task manager and disable the file explorer from there. Follow the below steps:

1. Open the Task Manager.

2. Go to startup tab.

3. See if Files Explorer is listed there. If yes, right click and
    disable
    it.

Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 4, 2018
  4. File Explorer always opens on startup

File Explorer Opens on Startup and Delete Windows 10 Upgrade Notification

press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Go to the Startup tab and look through the list if File Explorer is listed as an item, if it is, select it and click Disable.

If that does not work Try steps 2 to 5.

Fix
    Windows Explorer Window Opening on Startup

Andre Da Costa, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer always opens on startup

1. File Explorer always opens on startup - Similar Threads - File Explorer always

2. cmd always opening on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd always opening on startup: this cmd window opens on every startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-always-opening-on-startup/4ec6d1a8-40a1-479c-b6a2-1bac18e4d00e
  3. cmd always opening on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cmd always opening on startup: this cmd window opens on every startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-always-opening-on-startup/4ec6d1a8-40a1-479c-b6a2-1bac18e4d00e
  4. File explorer opens in the middle in small widnow...always.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer opens in the middle in small widnow...always.: Hello, I have very weird issue that I cannot resolve.Everytime I open file explorer any folder/This PC/Any disks it opens in a small window exactly in the middle of the screen. Changing size and moving it doesnt save that. Everytime I open new window it will still open as...
  5. Onedrive - Manually Loading always opens File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Onedrive - Manually Loading always opens File Explorer: G'day all When Onedrives loads at Startup it does so in the background. But when I load it up manually (ie: From the Start menu) everytime it will open File Explorer to see the Onedrive contents. Is there a way (even if done via batch file!) to prevent the File Explorer...
  6. A unknown CMD file always open at startup ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A unknown CMD file always open at startup ?: Its been going for weeks now. There's a unknown CMD file running when i open Windows and this happens everytime. The file runs so fast that i could only see it for 1 second. I tried to check for it in startup folder, in Task Manager and almost everywhere but i still couldnt...
  7. Windows Explorer always open on startup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer always open on startup.: I recently swapped out my motherboard for a newer one. I didn't reinstall Windows 10 on my HDD as I have many apps installed and didn't want to reinstall and reconfigure everything again. It all went smoothly and system runs well all except for one strange issue. On every...
  8. File explorer auto open at startup of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer auto open at startup of windows: till yesterday everything was ok but today suddenly when I start windows File explorer open automatically without any command, I did restart system thrice but same was happening. How do I remove this auto open of file explorer when I start windows. 37862
  9. File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup: I recently installed the November update on my computer and now the File Explorer runs at every start up. How can I go disable this and go back to normal? 34511
  10. Startup opening infinite file explorer folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup opening infinite file explorer folders: If you can navigate the computer in Windows, Go to Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Advance Startup/Restart Now. Try to restart in Safe Mode. You can also try to do a System Restore to a time before this happened. If you can't navigate the computer in Windows, do you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer opens on startup

2. file explorer opening on startu[p

3. windows 10 explorer opens on startup

4. file explorer opens at startup,
  5. file explorer opening on startup,
  6. file explorer opens always on startup win 10,
  7. file explorer opens on startup in windows 10,
  8. microsoft windows excel startup