Windows 10: File Explorer and MP3's

Discus and support File Explorer and MP3's in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do you get the artist visible on a single MP3? In other words, if I have a number of mp3's in a folder and I want the artist to be visible, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xpac5896, Oct 6, 2018.

1. xpac5896 Win User

File Explorer and MP3's

How do you get the artist visible on a single MP3? In other words, if I have a number of mp3's in a folder and I want the artist to be visible, the ribbon gives me the ability too show "Album artist", View>Add columns>Album artist, the MP3's in the folder are single, non album MP3's, however each MP3 has an Album which is visible in File Explorer.. What's rather odd is that I have 2 MP3's that are showing the artist, yet the rest are blank. Is this a fluke or is it not possible to do what I want. If it works on albums why not single MP3's, after all, each album would have a single entry for each track. All MP3's have metadata to include artist.

:)

xpac5896, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Jimmy9190 Win User

File Explorer is numbering MP3 files twice

I can post a screen shot tonight when I get home after work. I created some of my mp3's straight from my CD library with Itunes starting back about 3 or 4 years ago. Others I bought already in mp3 format from Amazon and MP3Million. Either way I just created album folders and copied the songs to their respective albums.

I never saw the extra numbers for each mp3 until after the Fall CU. I like the albums to be listed in alphabetical order both in the car and on my laptop but my car radio displays the albums in the order they are copied to the flash drive. If I just add new albums to the flash drive they will be at the end of the list so to keep it all in alphabetical order I have to erase the entire flash drive then re-copy the master mp3 list to it again. That was what happened when I first had this odd numbering problem. I bought a few albums last week, added them to the master list, re-copied the whole list back to my flash drive and when I played it in my car the music plays fine but Windows had re-numbered every single song on the flash drive, no matter how old the file might be.

It would be a royal pain to manually correct the number sequence of over 3500 mp3's so I hope I can find a solution. Thanks again for all the help on this.

Jimmy

Jimmy9190, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

Welcome to TenForums @Arealperson

File Explorer automatically selects a view for the folder based on it's contents. If it contains mp3 files it will be the Music view.

You can change this. Take one step up so that you see the folder containing your mp3s. Right-click on the folder and select Properties. On the Customise tab under 'Optimise this folder for:' select General items.

Edit: you can also customise the view of the folder you are in by right-clicking on an empty space within the folder. See this tutorial.

Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10

Bree, Oct 6, 2018
  4. File Explorer and MP3's

How can i use mp3 file as ringtone in my wp7

Once you upgrade to the soon-to-be-released Windows Phone Mango, you will be able to use a MP3 file, as long is it meets this criteria:

• 39 seconds or shorter
    • smaller than 1 megabyte (MB)
    • saved in MP3 or WMA format
    • not copy-protected (i.e. DRM free)
    If your file is longer, I'd suggest using Audacity, a free app, to shorten your MP3 and/or reduce the size. Here's an article titled

Ringing in Mango
    by Alice Luu found in the Windows Phone Blog. It contains some good detailed information with step-by-step instructions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer and MP3's

1. File Explorer and MP3's - Similar Threads - File Explorer MP3's

2. Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.: My specific issue is downloaded youtube mp4's and converted to mp3's with "Realplayer Downloader" and "Realplayer Converter" show up in my WMP library but do not show up in file explorer when accessing thru my cutter/joiner program. "Example" I've ripped 10 tracks from the cd...
  3. Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.: My specific issue is downloaded youtube mp4's and converted to mp3's with "Realplayer Downloader" and "Realplayer Converter" show up in my WMP library but do not show up in file explorer when accessing thru my cutter/joiner program. "Example" I've ripped 10 tracks from the cd...
  4. Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mp3 files tag is not showing in windows explorer

Mp3 files tag is not showing in windows explorer: hi. I use win 10 N and windows don"t show mp3 tag in windows explorer. I download this file: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356 x x but I receive error : The update in not applicable to your computer. How I can fix this problem...
  6. mp3 file Crashing File explorer

mp3 file Crashing File explorer: Hello Couple weeks ago my mp3 files were fine I was hearing songs just fine. But then I let to repair my laptops keys and came back with the audio not working. Some how i fixed it and its fine. Later on I open groove music and suddenly it crashed im thinking that it maybe...
  7. Show only MP3 files in File Explorer

Show only MP3 files in File Explorer: Is there a way to make File Explorer only show MP3 files and not include all the album art. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-only-mp3-files-in-file-explorer/1c540234-e2e5-4560-ab97-43206658c134"
  8. Windows 10 converted MP3's to vcmf files

Windows 10 converted MP3's to vcmf files: Windows 10 instlation on my Sony Vaio appears to have converted all my MP3 files to vcmf and I am unable to open them. How can I convert them back to MP3? or what program can I use to listen to them in the vcmf format....
  9. jpg's and mp3's not grouping correctly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    jpg's and mp3's not grouping correctly in File Explorer: I'm using Win 10 Pro, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.285 I have found, while using File Explorer, that some jpg's and mp3's will not be grouped together by use of "Name" in File Explorer, like most are. I've included a screen shot for clarification. I use MP3Tag for all mp3's...
  10. File Explorer is numbering MP3 files twice

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer is numbering MP3 files twice: I have a file of about 35 GB worth of mp3's on my computer, the list grows and changes as I buy and download new albums or remove an existing one from time to time. I copy the file to a 32 gb flash drive I use in my car and the files play like normal. However, there is now a...