Windows 10: File Explorer and Network Connection Problems after Installing Windows Updates

Discus and support File Explorer and Network Connection Problems after Installing Windows Updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a repeat problem after allowing Windows 10 to install updates. Before, the only way I could find to fix the issue was to restore our computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by A-19, Sep 14, 2018.

1. A-19 Win User

File Explorer and Network Connection Problems after Installing Windows Updates

This is a repeat problem after allowing Windows 10 to install updates. Before, the only way I could find to fix the issue was to restore our computers to a time before the update. Sure enough, we just installed updates and are having the same problems of no longer being able to see shared computers on the network, File Explorer not responding... (We can connect to the internet, but not other computers and shared files in our network.)

Any solutions to both restore our network connections and prevent this exact scenario in the future?

Thank you!

:)

2. DaleNoel Win User

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Sep 14, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 14, 2018
  4. File Explorer and Network Connection Problems after Installing Windows Updates

Network Connection Problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel about the situation. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the adapter.

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter/Ethernet” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network/Ethernet adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Why can’t I connect to a network?

Note: A lot of variables are involved when you connect to a network: cables, network adapters, drivers, and routers. So troubleshooting network connection problems can be challenging.
    This article will help you find and fix problems with wired (Ethernet) and wireless (Wi-Fi) network connections.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-8

You may also refer to the article:

Wired and wireless network problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: All the above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Hope the information provided helps. For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Nachappa C K, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer and Network Connection Problems after Installing Windows Updates

1. File Explorer and Network Connection Problems after Installing Windows Updates - Similar Threads - File Explorer Network

2. windows is connected to a network but file explorer says it is not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows is connected to a network but file explorer says it is not: Hello,It would be a big help if someone could explain why windows is connected to a network but file explorer says it is not. I would upload a screenshot showing the computers on the network that ARE connected along with the error message but this web page says that the jpg...
  3. windows is connected to a network but file explorer says it is not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows is connected to a network but file explorer says it is not: Hello,It would be a big help if someone could explain why windows is connected to a network but file explorer says it is not. I would upload a screenshot showing the computers on the network that ARE connected along with the error message but this web page says that the jpg...
  4. File explorer arrangement problems after updating Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer arrangement problems after updating Windows 11: Hi,I have got a big problem with file explorer after updating Windows 11. Folders within 'This PC' disappeared and moved to 'OneDrive'. Tried various options using Control Panel but no changes occurred.Appreciate help recovering the original format of File Explorer i.e. usual...
  5. File explorer arrangement problems after updating Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer arrangement problems after updating Windows 11: Hi,I have got a big problem with file explorer after updating Windows 11. Folders within 'This PC' disappeared and moved to 'OneDrive'. Tried various options using Control Panel but no changes occurred.Appreciate help recovering the original format of File Explorer i.e. usual...
  6. Network Problem after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Problem after Windows Update: I updated to W10 21H1 and now I’m getting an APIPA address and getting “ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE” when I try to go to web pages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-problem-after-windows-update/f038e444-7f9e-4c9a-a583-7dd8dcaf512a
  7. Network connection not working after Windows update

Network connection not working after Windows update: Hi, I'm having some network connection issues that arose after a Windows update that are really starting to stump me and I would appreciate some assistance. Here’s some information on what’s happening:DNS server not respondingOn ethernet connectionSometimes changes network...
  8. No network connection after update

No network connection after update: Today I had "Definition Updates" and "Driver Updates" for HP. My laptop is HP Envy and after restarting the computer I'm not able to see any networks. I was trying to do many things found on Internet. When trying to press start in WLAN AutoConfig the following information...
  9. Network problem after updated

Network problem after updated: Yesterday. I updated window 10 . And today when I turn on my Pc, the known networks is disappeared and I cant connect to my network but I can see it in my phone but in my Pc it doesn't show the network. Please help thx guys...
  10. Network connectivity problems after installing PuleSecure

Network connectivity problems after installing PuleSecure: Hi there, Everything was working fine until I installed PulseSecure. Upon installation, internet stopped working. Tried rebooting and uninstalling PulseSecure, but could not fix. Resetting my router enables me to access the internet, however, upon changing any of the...