Windows 10: File Explorer and other apps flash white while minimizing

Discus and support File Explorer and other apps flash white while minimizing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LogiPredator [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LogiPredator, Nov 12, 2020.

1. File Explorer and other apps flash white while minimizing

/u/LogiPredator, Nov 12, 2020

2. White flash when un-minimizing, maximizing, or opening applications

Using dark mode on windows, if unminimizing file explorer it flashes white.

If I unminimize Notepad++, it flashes white.

Easier to see when 'Minimize/Maximize animations' are set to 'off'

There's a quarter-half second of a blindingly white app then back to whatever color scheme it should actually have.

VStudio, Command Prompt, and a few other apps do not suffer from this issue.

All browsers (including chrome), Notepad++, File explorer, etc. suffer from this.

Anyway to get this fixed? Even via hacky solution would be great.

Maybe some third-party apps that can fix this? >.>

Getting severe eye strain due to this bs.......

PersonWithhat, Nov 12, 2020
  3. BlHunter Win User
    File Explorer Does Not Minimize

This is weird. My File Explorer will no longer minimize without locking up.

Specifically, if I open File Explorer it opens up fine. If I click on the minimize button the window itself will minimize like expected however the list of files within that window will all flash/blink rapidly and the window will get stuck in the minimized
    state. It will no longer open or close when I press the "X" the "x" will turn red and it will say "not Responding" and stick for a minute and then the box closes.

File Explorer used to minimize correctly for years until the update last week.

Can anybody help...please...Anybody...

BlHunter, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

File Explorer and other apps flash white while minimizing

File Explorer Crash when minimizing folder

Hi,

This might be caused by a corrupted system file. We'd like to know if your file explorer is crashing as well when minimizing it. If it is, we suggest checking the answer of DrTarr1962 on this
    thread that we've found with similar concern. Follow the steps provided as an
    initial troubleshooting in resolving the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer and other apps flash white while minimizing

1. File Explorer and other apps flash white while minimizing - Similar Threads - File Explorer apps

2. file explorer won't minimize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer won't minimize: hi,I cannot minimize file explorer in Windows 11. I mean when I click on the second button on the upper right, the button left to the X. Always full screen. Should be like in the screenshot, but is not. How to fix it?...
  3. file explorer won't minimize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer won't minimize: hi,I cannot minimize file explorer in Windows 11. I mean when I click on the second button on the upper right, the button left to the X. Always full screen. Should be like in the screenshot, but is not. How to fix it?...
  4. Minimize all or maximize app while dragging a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimize all or maximize app while dragging a file: Hello,I’d like to know how if possible to enable 2 features I liked from Windows 10.While dragging a picture, hovering over photoshop in the taskbar would bring it to the front if it was minimized or in the background. In Win11 nothing happens. This is true for any...
  5. Minimize all or maximize app while dragging a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minimize all or maximize app while dragging a file: Hello,I’d like to know how if possible to enable 2 features I liked from Windows 10.While dragging a picture, hovering over photoshop in the taskbar would bring it to the front if it was minimized or in the background. In Win11 nothing happens. This is true for any...
  6. Windows File Explorer will not resize or minimize

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows File Explorer will not resize or minimize: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yammz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkjuse/windows_file_explorer_will_not_resize_or_minimize/
  7. File Explorer flashes when minimized

File Explorer flashes when minimized: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/al-herbi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqt4kd/file_explorer_flashes_when_minimized/
  8. White flashes in explorer with dark mode active

White flashes in explorer with dark mode active: I have dark mode active and when I open explorer the window flashes white quickly and when I expand to full screen it does it again and the window looks glitchy for a split second like it's missing an animation. Has it always done this or is it something new as I have only...
  9. White flash when un-minimizing, maximizing, or opening applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White flash when un-minimizing, maximizing, or opening applications: Using dark mode on windows, if unminimizing file explorer it flashes white. If I unminimize Notepad++, it flashes white. Easier to see when 'Minimize/Maximize animations' are set to 'off' There's a quarter-half second of a blindingly white app then back to whatever color...
  10. White flash when opening File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    White flash when opening File Explorer: 3f_Cyd86lu4 Whenever I open This PC (File Explorer), I see a momentary white window before it loads in dark mode. Never had this problem before. Recently, I was trying to remove some leftover files from the registry and I think after that, this has started to happen. I...