Windows 10: File Explorer and Recent Files

Discus and support File Explorer and Recent Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At work, I'll open files on a network path that is only accessible at work, e.g. \\mywork.org\shares\file.xyz These files will appear in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GatsbyGlen, Aug 26, 2015.

1. File Explorer and Recent Files

At work, I'll open files on a network path that is only accessible at work, e.g.

\\mywork.org\shares\file.xyz

These files will appear in my recent list when opening File Explorer (Win+E). The problem I have is at home where that network path is not accessible, and the File Explorer window will HANG for minutes trying to find the file. I can get around it by running CCleaner and cleaning recent files, but I was wondering if there was something else that could be done where I don't have to wipe out my recent list?

Thanks!

:)

GatsbyGlen, Aug 26, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 26, 2015
  3. RECENT PLACES IN FILE EXPLORER

Click Start > File Explorer > click Quick Access

There you will find your most recent files and locations.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

File Explorer and Recent Files

You can try changing these settings, see if it does any good:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

File Explorer and Recent Files [​IMG]

Ztruker, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

File Explorer and Recent Files

1. File Explorer and Recent Files - Similar Threads - File Explorer Recent

2. File Explore Recent Files Are Showing File I Have Not Accessed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explore Recent Files Are Showing File I Have Not Accessed: Hello.In File Explore, under Recent, it is listing files that I have not opened/moved/touched. It shows a time stamp of now or a few minutes ago. The files are on OneDrive. I am not sharing my OneDrive with anybody. They are Word and Excel documents. I have not opened either...
  3. File Explore Recent Files Are Showing File I Have Not Accessed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explore Recent Files Are Showing File I Have Not Accessed: Hello.In File Explore, under Recent, it is listing files that I have not opened/moved/touched. It shows a time stamp of now or a few minutes ago. The files are on OneDrive. I am not sharing my OneDrive with anybody. They are Word and Excel documents. I have not opened either...
  4. Win 11 File Explorer not showing recently used files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer not showing recently used files: I used File Explorer for picking up where I left off with various document. When searing in file explorer, it USED to show recently used files, if you typed the file name correctly.Why has this been removed, or, can someone please suggest a fix...
  5. I recently updated windows and these files appeared in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I recently updated windows and these files appeared in file explorer.: I'm not sure if these files appeared because of the Cumulative update preview for windows 10 21h2 for x64-based systems KB5016688 or if they are from something else but they appeared around the time I started updating. Here is a screen shot of the files I'm talking about....
  6. Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files: Running Windows 10 Home Every file word, excel, pdf, jpeg, etc that I open shows up in my "File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files" list, except one. It's a Word file .docx and I have other files of the same type in my list. Any thoughts on why? Thanks, David...
  7. Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer: Hi guys, I am not sure who made the decision at Microsoft to remove the recent file/locations from file explorer in Windows 10 but it was a terrible idea. I have searched how to apply this but I can't seem to get it to work, including the link below. I work for a large...
  8. File Explorer will not show "recent files"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer will not show "recent files": I have had this problem: that File Explorer will not show "recent files" on Windows 10 for a long time. I have Googled and searched for answers on here and elsewhere and cannot find a solution. I know it's supposed to show these files. How can I fix this?...
  9. File Explorer isn't showing recent files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer isn't showing recent files: My new laptop has Windows10 pre-installed. It crashed and file explorer won't now show recent files. It seems to be showing recent folders but there are no recent files. Settings/personalisation/start shows "recently opened files" is turned "on" and File Explorer is showing...
  10. Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files"

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files": Hi everyone my name is Rod and I have a weird "problem" and not sure if I should worry if at all, it's my first time posting here and if I make any mistakes I apologize in advance. I recently did a fresh install of win10 x64 on my HTPC and everything works fine except for...