Windows 10: File explorer and recycle bin bug

Discus and support File explorer and recycle bin bug in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The file explorer and recycle bin window don't remember position after opening and closing , they reopen at different positions on the screen from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jide, Aug 12, 2015.

1. jide Win User

File explorer and recycle bin bug

The file explorer and recycle bin window don't remember position after opening and closing , they reopen at different positions on the screen from where you dragged the window to, any fix for this ?

:)

2. Windows 10 file explorer permanently deletes photos but not other files

When I delete photos in Windows 10 file explorer, they are permanently deleted rather than going to the recycle bin. Other file types are going to the recycle bin. I've looked at recycle bin settings, and the 'permanently delete' option is NOT checked.
    How can I ensure deleted photos go to the recycle bin?

MartinColston, Aug 12, 2015
  3. How do I restore files from the recycle bin of a system image? (windows 7 backup)

that's what happens to files in the recycle bin

they get renamed when placed into the recycle bin

otherwise it would be impossible to delete any file or folder with the same name of one already in the recycle bin

when accessing an online recycle bin through the recycle bin folder in explorer you don't see the actual folder

but a pseudo folder and a background process that reads the database file of the changed names to display the original file names

when you access an offline recycle bin by manually navigating the folders,

none of the original file / folder names will be seen

you need to find that database file in the offline recycle bin

open it and search for the original file name to find the recycle bin name corresponding to the original file name

Locutus deBorg, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

File explorer and recycle bin bug

1. File explorer and recycle bin bug - Similar Threads - File explorer recycle

2. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening: I've tried several methods from scannow, to restarting windows explorer in the task manager, from ending its task to opening it in run task bar, I've Uninstalled everything, I've even factory resetted my laptop. I can't open a folder, file explorer, recycle bin, or any drive...
  3. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening: I've tried several methods from scannow, to restarting windows explorer in the task manager, from ending its task to opening it in run task bar, I've Uninstalled everything, I've even factory resetted my laptop. I can't open a folder, file explorer, recycle bin, or any drive...
  4. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File location in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File location in recycle bin: I deleted a file from downloads folder and it went to recycle bin and when I searched for that file in the search bar under "This PC" it shows me the locationc/user/username/appdata/roaming/temp . Is it safe to believe that files in this location stay for 30 days before...
  6. Recycle Bin in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin in File Explorer: Hello, New issue here, Recycle Bin is sitting on the desktop's lower right corner as a shortcut icon, and that's OK, I set it so . Not OK, its also in the file explorer under each drive, please see attached screenshot. How do I remove it from the file explorer view. Answers...
  7. No icons in context menu - Recycle bin - file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    No icons in context menu - Recycle bin - file explorer: Can anyone help - this is driving me nuts and I cannot find answer anywhere ! I used to have four icons (shown in photo) when I opened my recycle bin in File Explorer. Suddenly they all disappeared. How do I get them to reappear ?? I am am using Windows 10 Home edition. Any...
  8. Bug in Recycle bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug in Recycle bin: When you select the items in recycle bin and click "Empty recycle bin" option in top it tries to open the selected files instead of deleting them. It's pretty funny why it does that. hope you will fix it. Reply me if you read this....
  9. Recycle Bin/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin/File Explorer: I emptied the Recycle Bin and it worked fine. Now when I click on the icon on the Desktop I get the File Explorer screen. How do I correct that....
  10. File Explorer/Recycle Bin Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer/Recycle Bin Issue: Hi guys. Wondering if you can help me with a little annoyance. Basically when I delete files or folders I do not need, file explorer will not refresh or bring up a dialogue box saying "Are you sure you wish to send this file to recycle bin?". When I delete it, the file or...