Windows 10: File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working

Discus and support File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I cannot search for files in the File Explorer search box and the Taskbar search option does not work. I have tried all these Under... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Jeneral28, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Jeneral28 Win User

File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working

Hi,

Recently I cannot search for files in the File Explorer search box and the Taskbar search option does not work.

I have tried all these

Under Task Manager, re-start File Explorer

Under Task Manager - Details, cannot find

Under File Explorer - View - Options - Search - Tick - Always Search File Names and Contents

Under Start - Settings - Searching Windows - Troubleshoot -tried all options - no change

All the above has not solved my issue, please help

:)

Jeneral28, Sep 27, 2020
  2. whburling Win User

search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

HI

Search does not work in task bar. Does work in File Explorer.

Tried another user account on machine....it fails as well in the exact same way.

Any suggestions?

bil

whburling, Sep 27, 2020
  3. search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Sep 27, 2020
  4. RBN27 Win User

Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

Hi,

The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions?

Even after the latest update on 15/07/20 the issue was still not resolved, I have been having this issue on and off after updates have been installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I use the search bar a lot in my job.

RBN27, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working - Similar Threads - File Explorer Task

2. Task bar search is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar search is not working: In Windows 10 taskbar, the search option is not working, in fact, I am unable to type. I have tried many options to repair it but nothing worked. Please help....
  3. Task bar search is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar search is not working: In Windows 10 taskbar, the search option is not working, in fact, I am unable to type. I have tried many options to repair it but nothing worked. Please help....
  4. Task bar search is not working

in Cortana
  5. Search and Selecting from File Explorer Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search and Selecting from File Explorer Task Bar: I often use the search feature in File Explorer, looking for certain files by name.On my other computer Windows 11, I am able to click on the item from the search bar and it opens.On my current computer also running Windows 11, when I click the item from the search bar, it...
  6. Search and Selecting from File Explorer Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search and Selecting from File Explorer Task Bar: I often use the search feature in File Explorer, looking for certain files by name.On my other computer Windows 11, I am able to click on the item from the search bar and it opens.On my current computer also running Windows 11, when I click the item from the search bar, it...
  7. File explorer and Task bar search windows

in Cortana
    File explorer and Task bar search windows: Why can't I type into the file explorer and the task bar search windows? There is no cursor when trying to click in either window. It is some what recent, worked several week ago pretty sure. I was working with using the file search function out of a 3rd party manual. Glen...
  8. Explorer and task Bar search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer and task Bar search not working: Build 1904.338 When I click into the search bar the cursor doesnt appear, a black box briefly appears above and I cannot type. The same happens in the File Explorer search box. After many frustrating googles and many blind allys I am stuck trying to find out if the search...
  9. Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working: Hi, The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions? Even after the latest update on 15/07/20 the issue was still not resolved, I have been having this issue on and off after...
  10. File Explorer search bar not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search bar not working: I've noticed this issue yesterday. When I try to search something in my File Explorer it looks like it's searching but the green bar seems to go on forever. I left it up for an hour and it was still searching when I came back. I even tried to look for files that I knew were...