Windows 10: File explorer and Task bar search windows

Discus and support File explorer and Task bar search windows in Cortana to solve the problem; Why can't I type into the file explorer and the task bar search windows? There is no cursor when trying to click in either window. It is some what... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by GlenReid1, Aug 1, 2020.

1. GlenReid1 Win User

File explorer and Task bar search windows

Why can't I type into the file explorer and the task bar search windows? There is no cursor when trying to click in either window. It is some what recent, worked several week ago pretty sure. I was working with using the file search function out of a 3rd party manual.

Glen Reid

:)

GlenReid1, Aug 1, 2020

2. File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 1, 2020
  3. search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Aug 1, 2020
  4. File explorer and Task bar search windows

Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

File explorer and Task bar search windows

1. File explorer and Task bar search windows - Similar Threads - File explorer Task

2. Search and Selecting from File Explorer Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search and Selecting from File Explorer Task Bar: I often use the search feature in File Explorer, looking for certain files by name.On my other computer Windows 11, I am able to click on the item from the search bar and it opens.On my current computer also running Windows 11, when I click the item from the search bar, it...
  3. Search and Selecting from File Explorer Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search and Selecting from File Explorer Task Bar: I often use the search feature in File Explorer, looking for certain files by name.On my other computer Windows 11, I am able to click on the item from the search bar and it opens.On my current computer also running Windows 11, when I click the item from the search bar, it...
  4. Help with file explorer as a task bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with file explorer as a task bar: In older Windows versions than Windows 10, I used to set up a floating taskbar for all the folders, and it was either hidden or present on all monitors and locked to the left side. I was able to get directly to my files and folders and it was clean and clear, didn't require...
  5. File Explorer & Task Bar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer & Task Bar Unresponsive: Whenever a second user logs in on my machine, they do not have access to FIle Explorer and the Task Bar is unresponsive. I am able to fix the issue by forcing the other account to sign off in the User portion of the Task Manager. If the initial account then logs back in, it...
  6. File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working

in Cortana
    File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working: Hi, Recently I cannot search for files in the File Explorer search box and the Taskbar search option does not work. I have tried all these Under Task Manager, re-start File Explorer Under Task Manager - Details, cannot find Under File Explorer - View - Options -...
  7. Can't type anything on task search bar and file explorer

in Cortana
    Can't type anything on task search bar and file explorer: Earlier today while organizing my files all of a sudden when I tried to search that type of file instead of usually typing up the words I need to get a group of the same file, it would highlight the first letter down on my current folder. For example Jack, James, Jermy, etc....
  8. Explorer and task Bar search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer and task Bar search not working: Build 1904.338 When I click into the search bar the cursor doesnt appear, a black box briefly appears above and I cannot type. The same happens in the File Explorer search box. After many frustrating googles and many blind allys I am stuck trying to find out if the search...
  9. Search Box in Task Bar and File Explorer Not Recognizing Typing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Box in Task Bar and File Explorer Not Recognizing Typing: I'm using a Surface Pro 6 and have had this issue for awhile where I cannot type any text into the search box in the task bar nor in the quick search access of the Task Manager. The cursor doesn't seem to recognize the search boxes. I am running the latest version of Windows...
  10. Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working: Hi, The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions? Even after the latest update on 15/07/20 the issue was still not resolved, I have been having this issue on and off after...