Windows 10: File explorer and Task bar search windows

Discus and support File explorer and Task bar search windows in Cortana to solve the problem; Why can't I type into the file explorer and the task bar search windows? There is no cursor when trying to click in either window. It is some what... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by GlenReid1, Aug 1, 2020.

1. GlenReid1 Win User

File explorer and Task bar search windows

Why can't I type into the file explorer and the task bar search windows? There is no cursor when trying to click in either window. It is some what recent, worked several week ago pretty sure. I was working with using the file search function out of a 3rd party manual.

Glen Reid

:)

GlenReid1, Aug 1, 2020

2. File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 1, 2020
  3. search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Aug 1, 2020
  4. File explorer and Task bar search windows

Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

File explorer and Task bar search windows

1. File explorer and Task bar search windows - Similar Threads - File explorer Task

2. Explorer and task Bar search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer and task Bar search not working: Build 1904.338 When I click into the search bar the cursor doesnt appear, a black box briefly appears above and I cannot type. The same happens in the File Explorer search box. After many frustrating googles and many blind allys I am stuck trying to find out if the search...
  3. Search Box in Task Bar and File Explorer Not Recognizing Typing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Box in Task Bar and File Explorer Not Recognizing Typing: I'm using a Surface Pro 6 and have had this issue for awhile where I cannot type any text into the search box in the task bar nor in the quick search access of the Task Manager. The cursor doesn't seem to recognize the search boxes. I am running the latest version of Windows...
  4. Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working: Hi, The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions? Even after the latest update on 15/07/20 the issue was still not resolved, I have been having this issue on and off after...
  5. Windows Search on task bar

in Cortana
    Windows Search on task bar: When I use type here to search on my Windows 10 taskbar this search WILL NOT search the web it only searches my windows 10 files. Note when I search with Cortina voice it will work & search the web as before but when I type in the question it will not search the web. Also...
  6. Task Bar/File Explorer Hanging constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Bar/File Explorer Hanging constantly: I am having a problem when I click on a pinned program on the taskbar, it hangs for a while, then when I click on the pinned program again, it works. I think it is the file explorer behind the scene restarting. This is happening about every 5 to 10 minutes. It makes work...
  7. Issue with Search Bar in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Search Bar in File Explorer.: So I've recently built my new pc, and I noticed that I was getting some issues with the search bar, whenever I typed something in and pressed the Enter Key; it'd show what I searched, however the search bar would turn grey and after that, it wouldn't let me type in it. It...
  8. File Explorer search bar not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search bar not working: I've noticed this issue yesterday. When I try to search something in my File Explorer it looks like it's searching but the green bar seems to go on forever. I left it up for an hour and it was still searching when I came back. I even tried to look for files that I knew were...
  9. Restoring search bar in task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restoring search bar in task bar.: This option does not present itself: Right click the taskbar>Cortana>Show search box I can however, click the windows icon button and start typing to bring the search box up. However, I would like for it to come up on the task bar because that's what it does at work, and I...
  10. ??? window over file explorer icon in task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    ??? window over file explorer icon in task bar: This is a new win10 laptop as in I picked it up yesterday morning.. I've spent the last 36 hours fully updating with latest windows updates. BUT... periodically, File Explorer turns itself on and I cannot close it. Nor can I open the window when I click on it. When I hover my...