Windows 10: File explorer and taskbar style

Discus and support File explorer and taskbar style in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Immediately after I installed the latest Windows update as of the time of creation of this post, my file explorer and my taskbar look as the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Capeudinho, May 15, 2021.

1. File explorer and taskbar style

Immediately after I installed the latest Windows update as of the time of creation of this post, my file explorer and my taskbar look as the following screenshot.The file explorer looks very odd, with large spacing and margins, and the taskbar has wide icons.I tried restarting the PC, but it didn't work.What should I do in order to have them be in their normal state?

:)

Capeudinho, May 15, 2021
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, May 15, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 15, 2021
  4. File explorer and taskbar style

KingSlizzard, May 15, 2021
Thema:

File explorer and taskbar style

1. File explorer and taskbar style - Similar Threads - File explorer taskbar

2. Windows/File Explorer on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows/File Explorer on Taskbar: I have windows explorer pinned to my taskbar. For some reason when i open the folder or open a new window it generates another icon on the taskbar. See below [ATTACH][ATTACH] If somebody can help please let me know Thanks...
  3. File Explorer ribbon replaced like windows 7 style

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer ribbon replaced like windows 7 style: Hello, My File Explorer ribborn got replaced somehow. It's now looking like the old windows explorer. I want to bring back the New Style. Any suggestion on the problem would be helpful. Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  4. Taskbar icons for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons for File Explorer: I've always kept File Explorer (Windows Explorer) pinned to my taskbar, and the familiar 'folder' icon made it quick and easy to find and click. With Windows 10, this icon now changes, depending on what kind of folder I'm looking through. For example, if I'm looking at my...
  5. Pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I have gone through all of the recommended steps for pinning File Explorer to the task bar and nothing works. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? [Original Title: File Explorer]...
  6. File Explorer icon on TASKBAR

File Explorer icon on TASKBAR: I clicked "something" and the File Explorer icon has disappeared. Can't find how to reactivate and pin it to the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/aa43e35f-8e49-4f9f-b66b-7465e1862762
  7. File Explorer / Taskbar question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer / Taskbar question: [IMG] On my Windows 10 desktop machine, when I click the pinned File Explorer icon on the taskbar, it opens a new instance of itself represented by a second taskbar icon on the far right as per the image....
  8. file explorer icon on taskbar

file explorer icon on taskbar: My "file explorer icon" has disappeared from my taskbar. don't know how or when. where do I find it or how do I put it back there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/file-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/393db9be-718c-4052-92b0-e76ac3d3052c
  9. add file explorer to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    add file explorer to taskbar: I am new to this forum. I have a custom computer, ECS A780GM-A motherboard, 6 GB of ram AMD CPU, 2.6 GHz tricore. I am currently upgraded to Windows 10 and learning my way around it. My question is can I add file explorer to the task bar and if so how do I go about doing it?...
  10. file explorer not in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer not in taskbar: This is the second time I have posted about the same problem. I can't move file explorer to the task bar. I tried to move it by right clicking on start, then left click on file explorer the menu I get that way just says "pin to start" and more, when I click on more all that...