Windows 10: File Explorer: Any way to make full path appear in title bar/copy and paste it?

Discus and support File Explorer: Any way to make full path appear in title bar/copy and paste it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I've been searching for an answer for this, and all I could find was this closed thread from a while ago:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmyD_112, Jul 17, 2021.

1. AmyD_112 Win User

File Explorer: Any way to make full path appear in title bar/copy and paste it?

Hi,I've been searching for an answer for this, and all I could find was this closed thread from a while ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-displaying-complete-path-for/995f4719-8685-4e26-9d9d-bb6f25909a3a?page=2. I was just wondering if an answer has been found since then, and also add a note about shared drives: Some other users mentioned "My Documents," and another non-network folder, but I don't believe that's the issue, since I'm having the same problem with shared network drives. Hope that helps a little.Like I said, my issue is with shared

:)

AmyD_112, Jul 17, 2021

2. Display the end of the path in title bar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and we would happy to get it sorted for you. The display of the beginning path on the tile bar option can be removed and just the end of the path can be displayed.

We would like you to perform this steps.

1. Open File Explorer and click on
      View
      from the top
    2. Click on Options.
    3. Select View tab from the top.
    4. Uncheck the box beside Display the full path in the title bar.
    5. Then click on Apply
    6. Click OK and the reopen the file explorer and check.

File Explorer: Any way to make full path appear in title bar/copy and paste it? 9bf1cbe0-399e-405d-83d9-390d14522eec?upload=true.jpg

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows Explorer Copy and Paste problems

Hi,

The copy/paste problem could be due to Windows Explorer issue or faulty keyboard.

Wewould like to know some information to better isolate the problem:

• Is the issue also happening when trying to copy/paste any Office files, or is it only happening in Windows Explorer?
    • Have you tried other ways like; right-click + Copy, then right-click + Paste?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Taskbar folder name explorer title bar full path

I don't think you can achieve both at the same time.
    If you uncheck 'Display full path in Title Bar' in Folder Options, then you'll get the single location on the Taskbar Folder, but, then you'll have to rely on the location bar for the full path.

Edwin, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

1. File Explorer: Any way to make full path appear in title bar/copy and paste it? - Similar Threads - File Explorer full

2. File path in file explorer moved to title bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File path in file explorer moved to title bar: By the way, I don't know if this in the correct category, but I assume this is personalization related. In file explorer, the file path used to appear on top of all the files, under the options bar on top, and I was able to click on the files in the path to go to them....
  3. File path in file explorer moved to title bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File path in file explorer moved to title bar: By the way, I don't know if this in the correct category, but I assume this is personalization related. In file explorer, the file path used to appear on top of all the files, under the options bar on top, and I was able to click on the files in the path to go to them....
  4. File path in file explorer moved to title bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar: In Windows Explorer, when I choose Downloads from the left column, I want this to appear in the title bar:C:\Users\MyUser\DownloadsWhat I currently see is either just the word Downloads or the phrase "My PC > Downloads"It does not work to check the box in View Options that...
  6. Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar: In Windows Explorer, when I choose Downloads from the left column, I want this to appear in the title bar:C:\Users\MyUser\DownloadsWhat I currently see is either just the word Downloads or the phrase "My PC > Downloads"It does not work to check the box in View Options that...
  7. Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Taskbar folder name explorer title bar full path

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar folder name explorer title bar full path: Hello, I'm looking for a way to display in Taskbar folder name (it can be with elide if there is a space for that in front, actually preferred that) and at the same time full path in Windows Explorer. Currently closes to what I want is this: What I want is: There are two...
  9. Copy - Paste. More details are needed. Full file path of the copy paste action.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy - Paste. More details are needed. Full file path of the copy paste action.: [ATTACH] We need the full file path of the copy. I have been asking for this for a few years now; I can't believe no-one finds this of interest. I guess not :-)...
  10. Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to display either the name or full path of the current open folder in the title bar of File...