Windows 10: File explorer - any way to make more readable

Discus and support File explorer - any way to make more readable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks Is there any way to make file explorer more readable with better fonts etc -- just compare Windows XP and current W10 virtual machines -- IMO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Feb 8, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

File explorer - any way to make more readable

Hi folks
    Is there any way to make file explorer more readable with better fonts etc -- just compare Windows XP and current W10 virtual machines -- IMO the XP one is a zillion times more readable etc.

File explorer - any way to make more readable [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 8, 2021
  2. Ernie San Win User

why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. File explorer - any way to make more readable - Similar Threads - File explorer more

2. File Explorer: Any way to make full path appear in title bar/copy and paste it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: Any way to make full path appear in title bar/copy and paste it?: Hi,I've been searching for an answer for this, and all I could find was this closed thread from a while ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-displaying-complete-path-for/995f4719-8685-4e26-9d9d-bb6f25909a3a?page=2. I was just wondering...
  3. Is there any way to calibrate the sound to make it more even?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to calibrate the sound to make it more even?: The title may be a little confusing, I apologize. But when I adjust the volume on my computer (with headphones in, that's how I usually listen) it increases by a lot. For example, volume 2 is low, but volume 8 is literally blasting through my headphones. Is there any way to...
  4. Readable File Backup

Readable File Backup: I am setting up a new computer. In the past I have used SyncToy to back up files to an external hard drive, but I understand that it won't work with Windows 10 any longer because an older .net version is required for SyncToy. I do not want to use cloud services. What...
  5. Any way to group pictures (ie Group By) in file explorer by month (without making separate...

Any way to group pictures (ie Group By) in file explorer by month (without making separate...: I want to open just one picture folder, hit sort by date, and have separate groups for separate months. Again, I don’t want to create separate folders for these. I have thousands of pics and don’t wanna have to go through all of em’ putting them in diff folders submitted...
  6. Something is wrong with my file explorer, there seems to be no ribbon or any way to make it...

Something is wrong with my file explorer, there seems to be no ribbon or any way to make it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lebensmude95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hju1nj/something_is_wrong_with_my_file_explorer_there/
  7. Is there any way to disable the "contextual tabs" in File Explorer?

Is there any way to disable the "contextual tabs" in File Explorer?: I would like to disable the "contextual tabs" in file explorer - the ones that turn pink/green/yellow when clicking on an item and changing to things like "Picture tools", "Video tools", "Compressed Folder Tools", "Drive Tools", etc. I find these tabs very distracting and I...
  8. Is there any way to make hosts file to support wildcards?

Is there any way to make hosts file to support wildcards?: Is there any patch about this? I've tried Acrylic DNS Service is up and running but strange it doesnt work (yes ive changed my static DNS to 127.0.0.1 and ::1 on IPv4 and IPv6) So probably AcrylicDNS is not an option for me is there any other way to solve this?...
  9. How to make tab names readable?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make tab names readable?: The tab names are black on a dark grey background. Almost impossible to read. Also some of the images are dark blue on the dark grey. Does anyone care about making them visible?...
  10. Any way to change the highlight colour in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to change the highlight colour in File Explorer?: I've just got Windows 10, and I like a lot of things about it, including things related to the appearance. However the highlight colour in File Explorer is a light blue which is not all that different to the background colour. It's not easy to see at a glance which files are...