Windows 10: File Explorer Appearance changes after update

Discus and support File Explorer Appearance changes after update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have noticed that my file explorer has changed its appearance to a windows 7 like appearance. Especially that am using dark mode its become difficult... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MwilaLukonde, Sep 23, 2020.

1. File Explorer Appearance changes after update

I have noticed that my file explorer has changed its appearance to a windows 7 like appearance. Especially that am using dark mode its become difficult for me to read some file names in the address. I have inserted a picture to show this difference. How can I revert to the appearance I had before?

:)

MwilaLukonde, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Ztruker Win User

Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side

Option 1, step 2 Registry hack works great. Removes all the folders between This PC and the first hard drive partition.

File Explorer Appearance changes after update [​IMG]

Ztruker, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Sep 23, 2020
  4. John Ado Win User

File Explorer Appearance changes after update

File Explorer resetting to Details after Anniversary Update

Hi,

Let's get this sorted out. We suggest you try these troubleshooting steps:

• Start the Windows in clean boot. To do this, follow the steps
      here
    • Once in clean boot environment, change the settings again to set it back to
      List
      . Normally, changing the view style in the bottom right of the window and exiting File Explorer should do the trick. The next time you open File Explorer, it should default to the last view style selected.
    • If the issue persist, let's run SFC scan to look for corrupted files. Here's
      how
    • Restart the computer normally.

Share with us the results.

Thanks.

John Ado, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Appearance changes after update

1. File Explorer Appearance changes after update - Similar Threads - File Explorer Appearance

2. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  3. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  4. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Media files change file explorer's appearance, regardless of settings

Media files change file explorer's appearance, regardless of settings: Hi, my question is very similar - the same, really - as this question.I have a folder - Music, Videos, etc - which only contains media files.Regardless of any other settings, and regardless of whether I have done the "apply to all folders" dance, these folders *always* show...
  6. File Explorer folder view changed after update

File Explorer folder view changed after update: Following this month's Windows update, the folder view in File Explorer has changed, and I can't work out how to change it back to normal. Here's a screen shot of what I see now: [ATTACH] The extra column for number of items is a waste of space. How do I make it go away?...
  7. file explorer changed appearance after update

file explorer changed appearance after update: Hi all. My system auto updated and now my file explorer has changed it's appearance and I hate it. How can I get the old format back? TIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-changed-appearance-after-update/3306555e-05f6-438c-87de-66ed2b0cae2c
  8. File Explorer format changes after updates of Windows 10

File Explorer format changes after updates of Windows 10: It is happened again. The last update changed my File Explorer format to group by day, week etc. I just want to have it sort alphabetically. I tried the solution given last August 2019 but it no longer works. I would really appreciate the help on this. Thanks....
  9. FILE EXPLORER CHANGE AFTER AN UPDATE

FILE EXPLORER CHANGE AFTER AN UPDATE: After I receive a windows update and use file explorer it will remain on the last sub folder that I used rather than going back to the main folder. I really like when it stays on the last sub folder but this stops days afterwards. I don't see a setting to keep this as a...
  10. Windows file explorer background color changed after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows file explorer background color changed after update: After receiving the update for windows 10, my folder windows colors changed to black and text to white. A feature many have wanted by all the forum posts I have read spanning years but I do not, I wish the default colors. No file explorer software has been installed. My theme...