Windows 10: File explorer automatically opening Windows Explorer - how to change back

Discus and support File explorer automatically opening Windows Explorer - how to change back in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I must have inadvertently changed a setting, since up until today whenever I opened File Explorer it would show the folers/files in File Explorer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobSpencer323, Feb 12, 2020.

1. File explorer automatically opening Windows Explorer - how to change back

I must have inadvertently changed a setting, since up until today whenever I opened File Explorer it would show the folers/files in File Explorer the manila folder icon, but now it's automatically opening everything in Windows Explorer instead. I know it's a nit, but anyone know how to change it back? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

:)

BobSpencer323, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue File explorer automatically opening Windows Explorer - how to change back :p

Frick, Feb 12, 2020
  4. flowertop Win User

File explorer automatically opening Windows Explorer - how to change back

Windows Explorer

I have Windows 7. Every time I try to open up my external HD the Windows Explorer quits working. I researched a little at this forum and "Wile E" had said

It's AVI files causing the problem. It happens when explorer tries to preview them. You can shut off previewing, and it goes away.

Open a run box, and type this:

regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll

It will prevent Explorer from trying to preview video files.

The post was 5 years old. Does anyone know what command I would give to to shut off previewing? Thankyou

flowertop, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

File explorer automatically opening Windows Explorer - how to change back

1. File explorer automatically opening Windows Explorer - how to change back - Similar Threads - File explorer automatically

2. File explorer is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer is not opening: Sometimes when I press my computer or file explorer it opens but other times it just crashes doesn't even open & get refreshed it is causing so much problem for me, I have been facing this problem from a past few days, tried many things on my end....
  3. file explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer not opening: While clicking on file explorer it lags pc and nothing opens I tried to open folders on the desktop it lags and nothing opens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-opening/b7de47e2-0a10-4b0e-a6b2-f0c1361b0e85
  4. File explorer automatically opens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer automatically opens: Yes, i would like to know how to stop my file explorer to open up whenever i open my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-automatically-opens/e46b39ed-2e4c-4647-a870-2a9f5d6355af
  5. File explorer automatically opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer automatically opens: Yes, i would like to know how to stop my file explorer to open up whenever i open my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-automatically-opens/e46b39ed-2e4c-4647-a870-2a9f5d6355af
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer opens Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Explorer opens Windows Explorer?: My hard drive crashed and I'm starting over with a new installation of everything. What I noticed is that when I'm in Windows 10 File Explorer and right-click on a folder or drive Quick Access and This PC behave the same and click "Open in new window", Windows Explorer opens...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer opens Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 File Explorer opens Windows Explorer?: My hard drive crashed and I'm starting over with a new installation of everything. What I noticed is that when I'm in Windows 10 File Explorer and right-click on a folder or drive Quick Access and This PC behave the same and click "Open in new window", Windows Explorer opens...
  8. File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10

File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10: How do I prevent file explorer from opening automaticaly on startup in windows 10? File explorer is not listed in my task manager so I cannot disable it there....
  9. File Explorer changes revert back to Default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer changes revert back to Default: I have many folders which contain music. Early on, those folders would automatically default to the Music template. Now, all of my music folders have reverted back to Default view: "Name," "Date Modified," "Type" and "Size." I'll right click on a folder containing music,...
  10. windows file explorer looking weird how to change it back

windows file explorer looking weird how to change it back: so i recently reinstalled windows update and my file explorer looks like this https://prnt.sc/sygi6e how would i go about to make it look like back to this https://prnt.sc/sygioe...