Windows 10: File Explorer Automatically Renamed all Subfolders

Discus and support File Explorer Automatically Renamed all Subfolders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was renaming some subfolders in File Explorer when all of a sudden, about 10 different folders were instantly renamed identically to one of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Doug8823, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Doug8823 Win User

File Explorer Automatically Renamed all Subfolders

I was renaming some subfolders in File Explorer when all of a sudden, about 10 different folders were instantly renamed identically to one of the folders, though with a different number. There must be a shortcut key I accidentally pressed. How can I avoid this in the future? Is there a way to turn off shortcuts in File Explorer? This was a big waste of time:

File Explorer Automatically Renamed all Subfolders 23cd53db-5665-4d16-a23e-b1035a8b5c78?upload=true.png

:)

Doug8823, Apr 24, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

File Explorer Automatically Renamed all Subfolders wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Aeikausar Win User
    File Explorer - List / View all files in subfolders of a folder

In File Explorer, Is there any way to list/view all files in subfolders of a folder, without using command line or windows search? Thank you

Aeikausar, Apr 24, 2020
  4. File Explorer Automatically Renamed all Subfolders

Trouble renaming photos and files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app to rename the photos?

- Did you try renaming the photos directly from File explorer?

- Do you get any message?

I suggest you to rename photos from File Explorer and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to rename photo from File Explorer:

1. Right click on the start menu and select File Explorer.

2. Click on pictures present on the left side of the page.

3. Right on the picture you want to rename and select the option rename.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Automatically Renamed all Subfolders

1. File Explorer Automatically Renamed all Subfolders - Similar Threads - File Explorer Automatically

2. File Explorer bug with "Also apply this template to all subfolders"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer bug with "Also apply this template to all subfolders": Hi, in Windows 11 22H2, build 22621.1992 then I set "Also apply this template to all subfolders" in folder properties, it don't work. In my working folder, there are many more folders there are thousands of them, each of which contains images, documents, and even video with...
  3. File Explorer bug with "Also apply this template to all subfolders"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer bug with "Also apply this template to all subfolders": Hi, in Windows 11 22H2, build 22621.1992 then I set "Also apply this template to all subfolders" in folder properties, it don't work. In my working folder, there are many more folders there are thousands of them, each of which contains images, documents, and even video with...
  4. Renaming files in OneDrive has automatic reselection of all

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming files in OneDrive has automatic reselection of all: This problem has unhappily continue to exist for several generations of windows, and is still a perpetual annoyance in Windows 10, most notably with the OneDrive folder, Microsoft's own cloud drive solution.Simply put, if renaming a file, when you press F2 it selects the...
  5. Renaming files in OneDrive has automatic reselection of all

Renaming files in OneDrive has automatic reselection of all: This problem has unhappily continue to exist for several generations of windows, and is still a perpetual annoyance in Windows 10, most notably with the OneDrive folder, Microsoft's own cloud drive solution.Simply put, if renaming a file, when you press F2 it selects the...
  6. File Explorer was Renamed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer was Renamed: I don't know when exacly this happened but somehow my file explorer was renamed to File Explorer1. I think i unconciously copied and pasted file explorer because it shows "1". how to fix this ? from File Explorer 1 to File Explorer.1. Using Search2. Right Clicking The Flie...
  7. File Explorer was Renamed

File Explorer was Renamed: I don't know when exacly this happened but somehow my file explorer was renamed to File Explorer1. I think i unconciously copied and pasted file explorer because it shows "1". how to fix this ? from File Explorer 1 to File Explorer.1. Using Search2. Right Clicking The Flie...
  8. Batch renaming, or file Ext. change for all files in a folder as well as subfolders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch renaming, or file Ext. change for all files in a folder as well as subfolders: Batch renaming, or file Ext. change for all files in a folder as well as subfolders using any method is fine powershell seems to be easy enough....
  9. Batch renaming, or file Ext. change for all files in a folder as well as subfolders

Batch renaming, or file Ext. change for all files in a folder as well as subfolders: Batch renaming, or file Ext. change for all files in a folder as well as subfolders using any method is fine powershell seems to be easy enough....
  10. Rename all image on every folder and subfolder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename all image on every folder and subfolder: Hello, I need to Rename all image on every folder and subfoldermy structure of folder isImages/product-1000/askjdhkasdasd.jpgImages/product-1001/897897gfh87f.jpgImages/product-1002/dsf98778967d.jpg.... n....and i need to rename it...