Windows 10: File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10

Discus and support File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I am browsing files and folders in File Explorer, The user is scrolling down in a folder/directory and suddenly File Explorer jumps or scrolls to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ssd_1999, Jun 6, 2021.

1. ssd_1999 Win User

File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10

When I am browsing files and folders in File Explorer, The user is scrolling down in a folder/directory and suddenly File Explorer jumps or scrolls to the top of the folder automatically. It is frustrating if I am selecting multiple files/folders, renaming a file/folder, once this issue occurs File Explorer forgets user’s selection or activity and it opens the folder from scratch like the user just opened it. In such situations, the user is forced to start the task from beginning. I have tried - Disabling “Automatically pick an accent color from my background” option.- Under&nbs

:)

ssd_1999, Jun 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer - Scroll bar keeps jumping to top of folder files.

It appears that the reason File Explorer jumps back to the top is associated with having your screen saver set to change every 10 seconds and the color scheme change automatically. Since Microsoft doesn't intend to fix this bug in Windows 10, the thing
    to do is to download a program called "JustManage". This program shows two windows panes that allow you to scroll through hundreds of files and it won't jump back to the top.

Frederick B.Sparks, Jun 6, 2021
  4. File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10

file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

Hi Shawn.

Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think much, just hit the button and upgraded to Win 10. Later I found my file list on the explorer keep jumping to the top just like the previous trial I have in other PC.
    Can you help me with that? (I already sent feed back to MS through Windows Feedback app)

Thank in advance.

Kevin

Kevin Ismail, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10

1. File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - File Explorer Automatically

2. File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10: As has happened on occasions in the past, in Windows 10 the File Explorer is jumping on its own from however far down I might be looking to the top as sorted of a folder.I have tried a fix suggested in the past selecting "Launch folder windows in a separate process" in File...
  3. File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10: As has happened on occasions in the past, in Windows 10 the File Explorer is jumping on its own from however far down I might be looking to the top as sorted of a folder.I have tried a fix suggested in the past selecting "Launch folder windows in a separate process" in File...
  4. File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File Explorer scroll bar jumps to top of folder - been happening for years. Please fix!!

File Explorer scroll bar jumps to top of folder - been happening for years. Please fix!!: Scroll bar keeps jumping to top of folder files. When opening a folder in file explorer my scroll bar will not hold or stay anywhere below the top position. It automatically jumps to the very top of files. This has been happening for years now - even when I got a new...
  6. How to jump to the top in file explorer in Windows 10

How to jump to the top in file explorer in Windows 10: Hi all, I usually click and drag email attachments from outlook to file explorer to save them. They are sorted by "file name" or "date modified" depending on how the folder is set to sort. Therefore, the dragged file doesn't always go to the top but i wanted to see them...
  7. Windows Explorer: Selecting Folder Scroll Jump

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer: Selecting Folder Scroll Jump: I'll do my best to describe this. Lots of times (not always) when I select a folder in the tree in the left panel, the tree will "jump"/ "auto-scroll" to another location in the tree, so that the original folder I was trying to click isn't even visible because it's farther...
  8. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder: Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6, 2019. I found an old thread concerning this issue but my current windows settings are the same as those recommended in that...
  9. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!: I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need. Before you ask, I do use...
  10. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top: Hi Shawn. Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think...