Windows 10: File Explorer background dark

Discus and support File Explorer background dark in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey After an update, the background in my file exlorer turned very dark. I tried changing the theme, and tired with high contrast. The only thing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Joopjoop, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Joopjoop Win User

File Explorer background dark

Hey

After an update, the background in my file exlorer turned very dark. I tried changing the theme, and tired with high contrast. The only thing that changes is the header, the background stays the same.

File Explorer background dark [​IMG]

:)

Joopjoop, Aug 19, 2019
  2. jonesH Win User

File explorer in dark theme gone!

There was an option for choosing dark mode. I followed both suggestion above to the letter. But it did not fix the problem. Only Explorer is white. Which was the behavior before 1809.

jonesH, Aug 19, 2019
  3. al92lt1 Win User
    Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shoes black text on dark background. Can't read icin labels.

I have been using the Dark mode and find it easier on the eyes. I was looking forward to this update because Microsoft was expanding the dark mode to file explorer windows. On the 3 computers that I just updated, when viewing a file explorer window the
    icon labels are in black text and are almost impossible to read against the dark background. In all the articles that I've seen that are touting this new feature, the screen shots show the text and labels in white text which is easy to read against the dark
    background. How can I get the white text?

al92lt1, Aug 19, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Dark explorer

Hi, from comments I've read I understand 'dark explorer' is not available in 1803, but is in 1809. Some have expressed discontent with it, however.

Should you wish a means of colouring text and background in explorer-related panes and fields, you can try Qttabbar by Quizo (free) which gives lots of options to colour background and text in explorer - and much more.

Change Default App Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Enable Dark Mode for File Explorer other Apps on Windows 10

Dark Theme for File Explorer? - Windows 10 Forums
    Dark File Explorer Issue after 1803 October update. - Windows 10 Forums
    Updated to 1809.. But theres No Dark Win Explorer.. Wtf? - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

1. File Explorer background dark - Similar Threads - File Explorer background

2. Dark mode in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark mode in File Explorer: I prefer dark mode and I used to have dark mode for my programs and File Explorer. However after installation of some zip files the mode got light. I tried to delete files in question but it didn’t help. What’s your advice? Thank you....
  3. File Explorer not turning dark?

File Explorer not turning dark?: I just updated my computer to Windows 10 Home v1803 about an hour ago, and File Explorer still is not changing to the dark theme, as you can see from the picture:[ATTACH] I'm stumped at this point....
  4. Dark Background

Dark Background: I just picked up a new surface pro, and I am not able to get the office / windows product to display anything other than a black background, which I really do not like. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-background/8b65415e-8ad8-4b57-b5f4-0e7c38ec2ebc
  5. dark mode for file explorer

dark mode for file explorer: Can anyone tell me how to enable dark mode in file explorer. I have turned my theme setting to dark but it doesn't affects the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-for-file-explorer/bbce1d4b-d204-4418-9ee3-d57312999611
  6. Dark Theme for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark Theme for File Explorer?: Hi, I've noticed that my version of Windows 10 supports a Dark Theme which I've selected, but that File Explorer continues to be bright white. Is there some way I can change this so that it's dark as well? My OS information: Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 Installed...
  7. Dark Theme for File Explorer.

Dark Theme for File Explorer.: I waited exactly 9 years since Windows 7 released for Dark Theme to be used on the File Explorer and i feel hyped about Dark Theme can be used when you update your windows to version 1803 few weeks ago when i read it on article. My friend already got their File Explorer...
  8. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...
  9. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...
  10. Dark explorer backgrounds. Is this possible ? If so how.

Dark explorer backgrounds. Is this possible ? If so how.: I'd like to be able to set the following up but can't seem to just get all the requirements to come together. 1/ A dark (black) explorer background. ( I can get this by choosing a high contrast theme) 2/ To be able to use desktop themes and pictures as normal. (that...