Windows 10: File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903

Discus and support File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop was updated to Version 1903 of Windows 10 a day or 2 ago. Now when I start File Explorer, it starts as usual but as soon as I click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John S162, Jun 15, 2019.

1. John S162 Win User

File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903

My laptop was updated to Version 1903 of Windows 10 a day or 2 ago. Now when I start File Explorer, it starts as usual but as soon as I click on anything in the Navigation Pane e.g. to open a folder or expand part of a folder tree, it becomes completely unresponsive and shows as Not Responding at the top or in Task manager. I have to have started Task Manager before opening File Explorer.

I've checked that all new updates are installed and that there are no updates that encountered any problems and everything seems to be fine.

I'm typing this on the laptop so as you can see, I can run Edge with no problems.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

John S

:)

John S162, Jun 15, 2019
  2. DonR_SOC Win User

File Explorer will not read a specific folder after update to 1903 from 1809.

File Explorer will not read a specific folder after the update to 1903 from 1809.

I open "File Explorer", scroll down to the folder in question, left click on the folder, the contents (files) display for about 2 seconds then the folder closes and "File Explorer" also closes.

I have tried to rename it but get the same results.

I have checked the Property(security) with that of folder close by and it is the same.

I have deleted the original folder and created a new folder but with the same results.

Opening other folders with "File Explorer" is no problem, just this one specific folder.

Any suggestions or a possible fix.

DonR_SOC, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jun 15, 2019
  4. File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903

HELP: Photoshop unresponsive and unsaved files

I found the files, it's

Photoshop Temp93423479

and some files like this:
    ~E6AB56.tmp

And I also dumped the whole process to a DMP file.

EDIT: hotkeys didn't work because the process was unresponsive

RuskiSnajper, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903

1. File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903 - Similar Threads - File Explorer becomes

2. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  3. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  4. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  5. File explorer keeps becoming unresponsive and stuck when trying to delete a file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer keeps becoming unresponsive and stuck when trying to delete a file.: Hi so basically I bought a new laptop and a few days later I downloaded a large file from my dropbox. The folder was around 1GB. I decided I did not need the folder so tried to delete it windows warned me that it was going to permanently delete even though I wasn't in the...
  6. File explorer keeps becoming unresponsive and stuck when trying to delete a file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps becoming unresponsive and stuck when trying to delete a file.: Hi so basically I bought a new laptop and a few days later I downloaded a large file from my dropbox. The folder was around 1GB. I decided I did not need the folder so tried to delete it windows warned me that it was going to permanently delete even though I wasn't in the...
  7. File explorer keeps becoming unresponsive and stuck when trying to delete a file.

8. Applications becoming unresponsive

Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  9. After newest update (1909), Windows keeps becoming unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After newest update (1909), Windows keeps becoming unresponsive?: I can't even control alt delete to look into it. Windows is running (3700x, 32gb ram, rtx 2070, 1tb wd black nvme) and I just have chrome opened and windows keeps freezing. Earlier today I installed the big new Windows feature update that rolled out and my issues have begun...
  10. 1903 update becoming a problem!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 update becoming a problem!: Since updating Windows 10 to 1903: 1. Start button doesn't work with left click 2. Search bar doesn't work (at all) 3. Cortana doesn't work I have tried: 1. Restarts, etc 2. Re-install Windows apps via PowerShell (fails) 3. Directly running StartMenuExperienceHost...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. version 1903 explorer.exe not responding

2. windows 10 1903 improve edge performance