Windows 10: File Explorer Border Glitch

Discus and support File Explorer Border Glitch in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi When in dark mode, opening two File Explorer windows side by side (Windows key + < and Windows key + >) results in a glitch in the window border... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thommo14, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Thommo14 Win User

File Explorer Border Glitch

Hi

When in dark mode, opening two File Explorer windows side by side (Windows key + < and Windows key + >) results in a glitch in the window border (please see attached screenshot). This only happens in dark mode. It actually looks like the windows aren't fully expanding because the desktop wallpaper is showing though parts of the window border.

File Explorer Border Glitch 41925664-4c48-460d-9049-29b0830fa888?upload=true.png

My system (ver 1903) is up to date, as is my video drivers. Anyone have an idea of how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Thommo14, Oct 21, 2019

2. File Explorer Visual Glitch

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to the computer software prior to this?
    • Have you tried to select a different file outside the File Explorer window to check if the issue persists?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a clean boot and check if the issue persists. If performing a clean
    boot
    on your device resolves your concern, it means that a third party software is causing the issue. We suggest that you uninstall or disable them. The steps on how to perform a clean
    boot
    are provided on this link.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Vanity Win User
    Weird borders in File Explorer

Ever since upgrading to 10 from 7, the file explorer has had these weird borders on the top. I've been looking around for a solution for this the entire day finding nothing at all.

File Explorer Border Glitch [​IMG]

The borders are only at the top of the explorer. I don't have this issue on my laptop which is running a clean install of Win10.

Vanity, Oct 21, 2019
  4. File Explorer Border Glitch

Disabling automatic black and white borders applied to photo thumbnails and native photo apps

Hi Jacob,

One of the possible reasons why you see borders on thumbnail previews is because of its
    image size. To better assist you with this issue, we need the answers to following questions:

• Do all of your pictures have the same image size?
    • Does the border also apply to videos in File Explorer?

In the meantime, you can try to change the icon size to see if the borders on images will disappear. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and click on View.
    • Select Small icons.
    • Check File Explorer to see if the thumbnails still have borders.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer Border Glitch

1. File Explorer Border Glitch - Similar Threads - File Explorer Border

2. .mod files cause Windows Explorer glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .mod files cause Windows Explorer glitch: sorry for my poor englishI'm using win10 21h2when I try to open some folder containing .mod files like paradox interactive/hoi4/modor click on some .mod filesmy explorer start freezing and the other file just gone blank like it doesn't have any thumbnailso i try to restart my...
  3. File explorer glitchs win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer glitchs win 10: Hi. I restarted the computer, and it happened again. When I go to the desktop and try to open a program through the desktop, I can open it by clicking double times on the programstandard way, but I wanted to refresh and right-click on an empty area, and it started loading....
  4. File explorer glitchs win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer glitchs win 10: Hi. I restarted the computer, and it happened again. When I go to the desktop and try to open a program through the desktop, I can open it by clicking double times on the programstandard way, but I wanted to refresh and right-click on an empty area, and it started loading....
  5. File explorer glitchs win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. File Explorer Glitch!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Glitch!: When will the issue be fixed with File Explorer that prevents me from selecting Multiple files to be moved? It is extremely frustrating, and time consuming. I would like to believe that this was not done intentionally, such a move sets this application back more then 10...
  7. Glitches in File Explorer

Glitches in File Explorer: Hi , I am up to date with the updates of windows 10 and I am using it in dark mode ,In file explorer when I tried to expand one of the title in the left pane eg: Local Disk E by clicking on the arrow it expands and shows the sub folders and when I clicked again to contract,...
  8. File Explorer border missing - Go to Settings, Color, Title bars and window borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer border missing - Go to Settings, Color, Title bars and window borders: File Explorer border missing - To fix... Go to Settings, Color, Title bars and window borders, check mark the box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-border-missing-go-to-settings-color/991a3586-c03c-4eab-bf5c-928ff0838c01
  9. File Explorer Glitching

File Explorer Glitching: This has been going on for quite a while, but I'm finally frustrated enough to look for a solution. I'm trying to go through and delete files that I no longer need. Every time I scroll through the files on File Explorer, it keeps snapping back to an earlier file, making it...
  10. Weird borders in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird borders in File Explorer: Ever since upgrading to 10 from 7, the file explorer has had these weird borders on the top. I've been looking around for a solution for this the entire day finding nothing at all. [img] The borders are only at the top of the explorer. I don't have this issue on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer window no border