Windows 10: File Explorer bug ?

Discus and support File Explorer bug ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello,New 'bug' in file explorer (?).I do not know how to describe it, but it started this morning when started computer.I will attach a screenshot and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Motim Win User

File Explorer bug ?

Hello,New 'bug' in file explorer (?).I do not know how to describe it, but it started this morning when started computer.I will attach a screenshot and please help me how to remove it.It is under the 'search' box.Answers will be appreciatedThanksWindows 10 pro 1909 x64, winver 18363.1316

:)

Motim, Feb 9, 2021
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Feb 9, 2021
  4. File Explorer bug ?

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer bug ?

1. File Explorer bug ? - Similar Threads - File Explorer bug

2. File explorer Bugging out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer Bugging out: see the image i sent as attachment and tell me what is it??is it a bug??? have you seen this on your computer or is there virus on my computer??it happned to me today i havent seen such a thing on my computer before today...
  3. File explorer Bugging out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer Bugging out: see the image i sent as attachment and tell me what is it??is it a bug??? have you seen this on your computer or is there virus on my computer??it happned to me today i havent seen such a thing on my computer before today...
  4. file explorer bugs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer bugs: I've been having these problems for quite some time and I have tried everything but nothing seems to work, so my first bug is that every thumbnail in file explorer is just this, no matter what I do and no matter how many times I try and fix it nothing seems to work.and for my...
  5. file explorer bugs

file explorer bugs: I've been having these problems for quite some time and I have tried everything but nothing seems to work, so my first bug is that every thumbnail in file explorer is just this, no matter what I do and no matter how many times I try and fix it nothing seems to work.and for my...
  6. Bug in File Explorer's search box

in Cortana
    Bug in File Explorer's search box: I just reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, wiping the SSD because it was crashing with BSODs and other errors; I was in the 20h2 build, now I'm in the stable 2004. In the new install, as always, I set the search in the File Explorer to "automatically type into the search...
  7. Windows File Explorer is bugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows File Explorer is bugged: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my device as it had bad issues and ever since, my file explorer looks different and very ugly in my opinion. I'll attach pictures to show you what it looks like and what I want it to look like. 1 is the want it looks like. 2 is the one I...
  8. Bug with Properties in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bug with Properties in File Explorer?: I have three sibling folders all under the same parent folder that should contain the same number of files. The three folders contain the same files but they have different file names. If I use the command prompt DOS and run “dir /s” on each folder, I get 803 files for...
  9. File explorer's toolbar bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer's toolbar bug?: [IMG] Hello, I have this problem that my toolbar in file explorer looks really awful like that: https://preview.redd.it/kkn3kmcwtmv41.jpg?width=1234&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=c4479d8d81317ed976470ae8591cb9d45e7262fa And I saw a video on Youtube where the toolbar looked...
  10. Bug in File Explorer

Bug in File Explorer: Hi Team, Good day, Let me introduce my self, my name is mr Dedi from Jakarta-Indonesia. I have problem to save file with a long name character in a folder. Everytime I have save the file with a long name character in a folder, once I want to open it, they can not be...