Windows 10: File Explorer Buttons/Options are Missing

Discus and support File Explorer Buttons/Options are Missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open File Explorer, I recently noticed that there are buttons like "File" "Home" "Share" "View" missing, and generally the entire tab missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HawaiiKristijan, May 23, 2020.

1. File Explorer Buttons/Options are Missing

When I open File Explorer, I recently noticed that there are buttons like "File" "Home" "Share" "View" missing, and generally the entire tab missing This is how it's supposed to look like: https://prnt.sc/smjvcm This is how it looks on my PC: https://prnt.sc/smjuc0 I tried restarting the file explorer by going to the task manager and then restarting the process, after that, I tried resetting file explorer to its default settings and everything. But that didn't help either. I'm very confused about why it's not showing up and I need advice that will hopefully solve my problem. Thanks for reading and have a great day :

:)

HawaiiKristijan, May 23, 2020

2. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 23, 2020
  3. Windows Phone Drive Missing in File Explorer

Hi Gordon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to see the device in file explorer?

• What is the status when you click on the phone icon in file explorer?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to run Hardware Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box at the
      Taskbar.

• Select Troubleshooting under Settings from the search results.

• Now click on View All option present on top left corner.

• Click on Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
      and follow the onscreen steps.

Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, May 23, 2020
  4. File Explorer Buttons/Options are Missing

file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, May 23, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Buttons/Options are Missing

1. File Explorer Buttons/Options are Missing - Similar Threads - File Explorer Buttons

2. Windows 11 missing print button on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 missing print button on file explorer: Hello,In windows 7 and 10 we had cool feature open any folder select 1-15 files example PDF press right mouse and select Print. So we could print files without opening them.Seems Windows 11 has no option to Print? Why downgrade?? I'm regretting that upgraded from 10 to 11...
  3. Quick Access file explorer option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access file explorer option is missing: Hello, I am running Windows 11 insider program I know it's still in beta however, I am having issues with the quick access option now there to select I have Home and This PC with two other options I currently have on This PC I tried everything I could find to fix the issue...
  4. Quick Access file explorer option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access file explorer option is missing: Hello, I am running Windows 11 insider program I know it's still in beta however, I am having issues with the quick access option now there to select I have Home and This PC with two other options I currently have on This PC I tried everything I could find to fix the issue...
  5. Open button is missing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open button is missing in file explorer: Hi,I have the following problem: whenever I click on a file in the internet browser, the file browser opens and I have only two options what to do with the file: Save and Cancel, Open button is missing. I used to open word documents, mp3s, etc. directly, without saving them...
  6. Open button is missing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open button is missing in file explorer: Hi,I have the following problem: whenever I click on a file in the internet browser, the file browser opens and I have only two options what to do with the file: Save and Cancel, Open button is missing. I used to open word documents, mp3s, etc. directly, without saving them...
  7. Open button is missing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. File Explorer and Recycle Bin missing and greyed out buttons/options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer and Recycle Bin missing and greyed out buttons/options: [ATTACH] I have a asus rog zephyrus g14 laptop. This just happened to me today and I am currently searching for a solution. Was it a Nvidia update that caused this? Windows update did this? I updated everything. Anyone had this problem before? If this is the wrong...
  9. Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.: Hi from Snowy England I am using File Explorer to find contents of a file. I can no longer access the Advanced Options tab. If I enter a search phrase in the search box, it starts searching straight away. I then go to Advanced options and tick the File Contents option. As...
  10. Expando buttons missing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Expando buttons missing in File Explorer: can any one point me to ..... How can i easily see if there are folders in a folder without opening the folder ? The small triangles that indicate there are nested folders in a folder are missing ..how are these buttons enabled ? thanks for any advice OS =...