Windows 10: File Explorer "cannot find" location of file

Discus and support File Explorer "cannot find" location of file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This problem started just a few days ago: The app has its icon on the task bar but now defaults to Windows can't locate file...?. I can go C:\Programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JULIOINGE, May 4, 2020.

1. JULIOINGE Win User

File Explorer "cannot find" location of file

This problem started just a few days ago:

The app has its icon on the task bar but now defaults to Windows can't locate file...?. I can go C:\Programs Files x86...; click on .exe and even then I get same error msg., I can execute same approach on any other app and it works as always with no problems.

I'm running Win 10 Pro; ALL the updates are up to the minute; don't know which way to turn.

Pls & thk-u

JC

:)

JULIOINGE, May 4, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

It's an .exe right? Explorer probably read its icon (to a cache) when it was a "small" file and now call the quits when it finds "such a big" file.

If you want to delete it, use the console after killing explorer, you can run the console from TaskManager (Application -> New Task -> cmd). You might want to try copy the file to a different location (copy, not cut) and see if explorer can handle it in the new location before deleting it.

temp02, May 4, 2020
  3. corrywd Win User
    Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, May 4, 2020
  4. Ch3zGr8r Win User

Overwrite file location with storage drive (file explorer)

Tried as suggested, receive some error message.

File Explorer "cannot find" location of file [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

ah, didn't read the link - fixed from option 2.

Ch3zGr8r, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer "cannot find" location of file - Similar Threads - File Explorer cannot

2. Cannot locate Downloads Folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate Downloads Folder in File Explorer: I have Windows 11 Home.I cannot locate the Downloads Folder in File Explorer anymore.I accidentally unpinned it.How do I get it back?I want to pin the Desktop folder and the Downloads folder actually.Thanks...
  3. Cannot locate Downloads Folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot locate Downloads Folder in File Explorer: I have Windows 11 Home.I cannot locate the Downloads Folder in File Explorer anymore.I accidentally unpinned it.How do I get it back?I want to pin the Desktop folder and the Downloads folder actually.Thanks...
  4. Cannot locate App File Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  5. Cannot locate App File Location

Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  6. Cannot find file location

Cannot find file location: Help! I want to find the file location of a game on my PC, but it won't let me cos i do not have the permissions. i cannot configure the permissions to let me access the files. what do i do?...
  7. File explorer cannot find files

in Cortana
    File explorer cannot find files: After the most recent update of Windows 10, File Explorer stopped working. I ran the troubleshooter and it did not find anything. I need to be able to find files. HELP!...
  8. Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer: Hi guys, I am not sure who made the decision at Microsoft to remove the recent file/locations from file explorer in Windows 10 but it was a terrible idea. I have searched how to apply this but I can't seem to get it to work, including the link below. I work for a large...
  9. File Explorer cannot locate folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer cannot locate folder.: I have an application folder created inside Program Data, i.e path C:/ProgramData/AppName. I am able to access files located at this path from code. Physically Folder exists, but when going to that path from File Explorer it does not show that folder. I tried following...
  10. Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer: My Desktop is showing icons as normal. But if I try to find what is on my desktop by using file manager, I cannot find the icon. I also checked under C;\user my name, public, default and no desktop listed on any of them. Any suggestions? 101768