Windows 10: File Explorer cannot find my computers on my home network

Discus and support File Explorer cannot find my computers on my home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All my computers and laptops are on one network at home, and the network connections in each computer are all set to private with network discovery on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JW's016, Jan 29, 2019.

1. JW's016 Win User

File Explorer cannot find my computers on my home network

All my computers and laptops are on one network at home, and the network connections in each computer are all set to private with network discovery on and file and print sharing on. Sometimes one will show up, but most of the time none do. The computers are all on and awake as well. All 4 are running the latest versions of Windows 10.

:)

JW's016, Jan 29, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, Jan 29, 2019
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jan 29, 2019
  4. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

1. File Explorer cannot find my computers on my home network - Similar Threads - File Explorer cannot

2. Cannot access other computers on my home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access other computers on my home network: This is driving me nuts. We have 9 Windows 10 computers in our home all connected to the same network. All of our computers except just one can see and access all the other computers on our home network. I've tried everything I can think of. I recently changed all the...
  3. laptop cannot find my network

laptop cannot find my network: laptop cannot find my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-cannot-find-my-network/4e1c1fa5-152a-4452-a6b7-7c6260c8a434
  4. My computer cannot find wifi networks

My computer cannot find wifi networks: I just updated my computer to the newest windows 10 update because it was running kind of slow but now my computer cannot find any networks at all. Ive tried all the basic fixes but nothing seems to work. Help me please...
  5. At Home, 5 Computers, Using "Network" on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    At Home, 5 Computers, Using "Network" on File Explorer: I have 5 computers on my home router. All are wired to the router with a Ethernet cables. I open "Network" on file explorer, and the 3 Windows 7 computers all work reliably the way I expect. They show up as folders. I can view open, modify and save the files at will. The 2...
  6. File explorer cannot find files

in Cortana
    File explorer cannot find files: After the most recent update of Windows 10, File Explorer stopped working. I ran the troubleshooter and it did not find anything. I need to be able to find files. HELP!...
  7. How to find out all my computers on my home network?

How to find out all my computers on my home network?: I have trouble finding out my two computers in my home network. I have a Desktop computer PHONGTRAN1and a laptop computer:31NO0JDU. The desktop is running Windows 10, version 1803, and the laptop is running Windows10 Version 1903. How to put two computers in the same...
  8. computers on home network do not display in file explorer

computers on home network do not display in file explorer: computers on home network do not display in file explorer. 2 win10 and 1 win7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computers-on-home-network-do-not-display-in-file/86358296-b6bd-4391-b475-b00b89d93ffd
  9. Cannot network three computers in my home

Cannot network three computers in my home: All Win 10, 64 bit, patched to date, Deskstone has pro, hard wired to an asus router. Elaines iss pro connects wifi Rolling stone is Asus laptop, wifi, win 10 home. Deskstone sees rollingstone but Windows troubleshooter reports: Windows could not automatically detect this...
  10. Cannot network three computers in my home

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot network three computers in my home: All Win 10, 64 bit, patched to date, Deskstone has pro, hard wired to an asus router. Elaines iss pro connects wifi Rolling stone is Asus laptop, wifi, win 10 home. Deskstone sees rollingstone but Windows troubleshooter reports: Windows could not automatically detect this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer cannont display network computers