Windows 10: File Explorer can't detect files in certain folders after updating to 1909

Discus and support File Explorer can't detect files in certain folders after updating to 1909 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was FORCED to update into ver. 1909 2 days ago and after updating into ver. 1909, whenever I connect my phone to my PC via USB cable, my PC cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zeraphim0910, Dec 11, 2019.

1. File Explorer can't detect files in certain folders after updating to 1909

I was FORCED to update into ver. 1909 2 days ago and after updating into ver. 1909, whenever I connect my phone to my PC via USB cable, my PC cannot detect files especially medias in certain folders in my phone and came up with "This folder is empty" after reading the folder for few seconds. After that, when I refresh the page, File Explorer got stuck for a while and then it says my phone SD card is empty. But everything in the phone is still there after I disconnect them. The same problem occurred too back when I updated into ver. 1903, and I ended up rolling back to 1809. And everything went fine like before. I often transfer files from my phone to PC via USB cable so this problem really stressed me out.

I wasted for about 7 hours to update into ver. 1903 and it gave me that issue so I revert back to ver. 1809 the next day. And 2 days ago, I wasted for another 6 hours updating and the same problem still occurs so I would like to know more about this issue before I revert back to 1809.

submitted by /u/zeraphim0910
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zeraphim0910, Dec 11, 2019
  2. neilpzz Win User

File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

If I type pdf in File Explorer search I see an instant list of pdf files in that folder, selecting one in the list opens the pdf file. Typing *.pdf in search searches the folder and produces a complete list in File Explorer of the pdf files in the folder.
    Version 1909 build 18363.476

File Explorer can't detect files in certain folders after updating to 1909 8367888a-9c91-40f3-b4a6-9cd3ac248467?upload=true.png

This is expected behavior, by design. If you have problems with search then there is a problem with the install of Windows 10 on your device.

I would suggest system file scans, in the first instance.

Method 1:

Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin). Or PowerShell (Admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

after the scan is complete type the following and press Enter

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

then use method 2.

Method 2:

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin). Or PowerShell (Admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

After completing the scans restart using Start > Power > Restart.

neilpzz, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Dec 16, 2019
  4. File Explorer can't detect files in certain folders after updating to 1909

Some files are missing in certain folders on Windows 10

I cannot get files in certain folders of my File Explorer. When I open Windows "updates" in Settings, it shows nothing, blank. Any suggestions?

Original title: Disjointed Windows

JanetChehoity, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer can't detect files in certain folders after updating to 1909

1. File Explorer can't detect files in certain folders after updating to 1909 - Similar Threads - File Explorer can't

2. Can't open File Explorer folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open File Explorer folders: Since 4 days I am unable to open File Explorer folders in my laptop , it is showing "Not Responding message", so what might be the issue , please resolve it. I contacted you two times, but no solution....
  3. File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders: Hi there!I work in sales and every year, I take all the quotes and orders I've done the past year and put them in a folder titled something like "Quotes 2021" or "Orders 2021". I regularly go back to those quotes or order to use them as a master or just to update the...
  4. File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders: Hi there!I work in sales and every year, I take all the quotes and orders I've done the past year and put them in a folder titled something like "Quotes 2021" or "Orders 2021". I regularly go back to those quotes or order to use them as a master or just to update the...
  5. File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't click a file or folder in file explorer

Can't click a file or folder in file explorer: When i tried to open any file docx, png, jpg, etc, my cursor started loading continuously until i close the file explorer window. Then i searched on windows search for Command Prompt and when i click "Run as administrator" it wont open. But if you clicked "Open" it showed up...
  7. Can't detect files in a folder after updating to 1909

Can't detect files in a folder after updating to 1909: After updating into ver. 1909, whenever I connect my phone to my PC via USB cable, my PC cannot detect files especially medias in certain folders in my phone and came up with "This folder is empty" after loading the folder for few seconds. After that, when I refresh the page,...
  8. File Explorer 1909

File Explorer 1909: 1. If you use File Explorer to Open a document whose application has an Auto-Save feature and you leave File Explorer minimized then when the Auto-Save runs File Explorer will be hung. At that point if you use Task Manager to Restart the system will hang part way through....
  9. Error on file search on File explorer after 1909

Error on file search on File explorer after 1909: Hello. After update 1909, the search on file explorer does not work properly. I really wish back to old type search or find anyone help me. When the search does not properly, the symptoms are as below; Firstly, I could not click the search box even left or right...
  10. Can't delete certain files in "file explorer" (screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete certain files in "file explorer" (screenshot): I can't get rid of these files , they are leftovers from deleting backups . Anyone know how to delete these? The second screenshot is the message i get . Thanks 22370