Windows 10: File Explorer can't move to 2nd screen. Causes the system to crash.

Discus and support File Explorer can't move to 2nd screen. Causes the system to crash. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I work with 3 monitors...my laptop and one on either side. Although I used to be able to move it to another screen, I can no longer do so. File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BigRichS, Feb 13, 2019.

1. BigRichS Win User

File Explorer can't move to 2nd screen. Causes the system to crash.

I work with 3 monitors...my laptop and one on either side. Although I used to be able to move it to another screen, I can no longer do so. File Explorer works fine on my laptop, but when I try to move it to one of the other screens, it gets real small and starts "twitching". Once it starts this, all I can do is close it out and that causes my tray icon to go blank. From there, my only option is to reboot. Any ideas?

:)

BigRichS, Feb 13, 2019

2. File Explorer crashes

Hi LUVSITE,

Shell extensions are modules that extend the functionality of the Explorer shell. Context menu handler is a type of shell extension that load when you right-click on a file or folder. A buggy shell extension (mostly the ones from 3rd programs) can cause
    slow right-click issues, or crashes in the Explorer environment.

"View Reliability History" page in Control Panel can sometimes tell you which particular extension has crashed the shell. But in some cases it doesn't tell you the exact extension or module name, and in such as case, ShellExView is one tool we depend upon.

ShellExView helps you enable or disable unwanted shell extensions in your system, very useful for troubleshooting right-click issues.

In the
    this link
    (which is the 2nd link in my previous post), skip the "Symptoms" section and follow the steps listed under "Using ShellExView to determine the Context-menu causing the problem".

Let's know if you have any doubts when following those steps. It should not be that difficult.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 13, 2019
  3. File Explorer crashes.

Hi John,

The crash issue that you are experiencing with File Explorer can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, missing system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps yet? If yes, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Feb 13, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

explorer just crashed? why?

One bad file can cause explorer to crash. Have you defragmented your HDD's lately?

erocker, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. File Explorer can't move to 2nd screen. Causes the system to crash. - Similar Threads - File Explorer can't

2. File Explorer Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Causes Black Screen: Whenever I click on File Explorer, it causes my screen to go black and File Explorer doesn't open, with my curser still working. I have to use ctrl+alt+delete to restart my computer to get out of this issue. If I click on File Explorer while using another app firefox or Excel...
  3. File Explorer Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Causes Black Screen: Whenever I click on File Explorer, it causes my screen to go black and File Explorer doesn't open, with my curser still working. I have to use ctrl+alt+delete to restart my computer to get out of this issue. If I click on File Explorer while using another app firefox or Excel...
  4. File Explorer Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explore keeps crashing will move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explore keeps crashing will move files: File explore keeps crashing will move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explore-keeps-crashing-will-move-files/45397164-6893-4315-9cec-f5937e17c943
  6. File explore keeps crashing will move files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explore keeps crashing will move files: File explore keeps crashing will move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explore-keeps-crashing-will-move-files/45397164-6893-4315-9cec-f5937e17c943
  7. File Explorer crashing when moving files

File Explorer crashing when moving files: File explorer keeps on crashing when I move files. I've tried the clean boot already, and it didn't work. This was the info I got about the problem: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application...
  8. if explorer crashes while moving a file will the file corrupt?

if explorer crashes while moving a file will the file corrupt?: i was copying a metric ton of files and i absentmindedly quit explorer for another thing i was doing, would unexpectedly ending the copying process make a corrupt half copied file or does it recognize that it's a incomplete file and only mark it as complete as the last thing...
  9. KB4512508 causing file explorer crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KB4512508 causing file explorer crash: I'm using Windows 10 Version 18362, AMD 64, desktop. About 1 month ago, I started to experience explorer malfunction (right click menu and folder are not displayed correctly), followed with explorer restarting under some trigger, for example right click on desktop. Problem...
  10. Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer

Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer: Everytime I try to move or copy any files from a mapped network share, it crashes out the file explorer. Anyone have any ideas on what can be causing this? The OS is Windows 10 Pro, the network share is on a Synology NAS box. Thank you 70147

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant move file explorer to other screen

2. file explorer wont move to other screen

3. file explorer freezes when i try to drag

4. cant drag file explorer to second screen,
  5. file explorer will not drag and switch to second screen,
  6. file explorer wont switch screens?,
  7. file explorer window not moving to a second monitor,
  8. windows explorer wont move between screens,
  9. file explorer wont allow me to drag to 2nd screen,
  10. Windows explorer moving to 2nd display,
  11. cannot move file drive from screen to screen,