Windows 10: File Explorer can't open Downloads folder

Discus and support File Explorer can't open Downloads folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; New laptop, latest Windows 10. If I try to view the Downloads folder from either Quick Access or directly under This PC, all I get is 'working on it'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PJayP, Jan 2, 2021.

1. PJayP Win User

File Explorer can't open Downloads folder

New laptop, latest Windows 10. If I try to view the Downloads folder from either Quick Access or directly under This PC, all I get is 'working on it'. Go to C;/users/../Downloads - no problem. Why?

:)

PJayP, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Jan 2, 2021
  4. File Explorer can't open Downloads folder

Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer can't open Downloads folder

1. File Explorer can't open Downloads folder - Similar Threads - File Explorer can't

2. Can't open File Explorer folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open File Explorer folders: Since 4 days I am unable to open File Explorer folders in my laptop , it is showing "Not Responding message", so what might be the issue , please resolve it. I contacted you two times, but no solution....
  3. Can't open File Explorer folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open File Explorer folders: Since 4 days I am unable to open File Explorer folders in my laptop , it is showing "Not Responding message", so what might be the issue , please resolve it. I contacted you two times, but no solution....
  4. I can't open folders on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open folders on file explorer: When I try to open a folder other than this pc, my file explorer crashes. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-folders-on-file-explorer/59587318-5792-461e-8699-f6fc90209d0e
  5. I can't open folders on file explorer

I can't open folders on file explorer: When I try to open a folder other than this pc, my file explorer crashes. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-folders-on-file-explorer/59587318-5792-461e-8699-f6fc90209d0e
  6. Can't open the file explorer

Can't open the file explorer: Anything related to file explorer doesn't work. For an example I can't save any files through Chrome or VS Code. When I try to save it automatically shuts down the program. When I click the "My PC" or File Explorer the screen goes black and comes again. But it works normal in...
  7. File explorer crashes when opening downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer crashes when opening downloads folder: Hello,When I open file explorer, and I go to the downloads folder, the system app crashes. When it does, I have to stop it using task manager. It also causes other problems with the system, like my laptop screen going white, I have a monitor, and my taskbar not coming up, I...
  8. file explorer crash when opening download folder

file explorer crash when opening download folder: Hi. I have some problem when I Open my download folder from D: drive already check the error and it's said Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event...
  9. Windows 10 file explorer not opening? Can't open any folder.

Windows 10 file explorer not opening? Can't open any folder.: I follow these steps to fix my problem Fix File Explorer if it won't open or start and I also tried other fixes that is mentioned in other posts but non is working for me. The last step where it says Run Automatic Repair is only step left. Can someone tell me why its not...
  10. File Explorer Downloads Folder

File Explorer Downloads Folder: After the 1903 update, the Download's folder in File Explorer is now showing a history of downloads, e.g., notice that Downloads is showing a download from "Last week (1)". How can I stop this folder from keeping track of downloads and have it behave as all the other system...