Windows 10: File Explorer can't type Search box

Discus and support File Explorer can't type Search box in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot enter data in the File Explorer Search Box. This problem is annoying and reoccurring. I have "fixed" it several times but it keeps coming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PickyBiker, Dec 13, 2019.

1. File Explorer can't type Search box

I cannot enter data in the File Explorer Search Box. This problem is annoying and reoccurring. I have "fixed" it several times but it keeps coming back. I can see online that many people have the same problem. It started about a month ago. Windows 10

When will this be fixed?

:)

PickyBiker, Dec 13, 2019

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    File Explorer - Search box

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks
    to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Go to Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
    Troubleshooting. Click View all, and then click
    Search and Indexing.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to reset the Windows explorer. Please follow the steps:

1. Press
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc and locate for Windows Explorer.

2. Right click on the
    Windows Explorer and click on End task.

3. On top of the Task Manager click on
    File and click on Run new task.

4. Type
    explorer.exe inside the box and hit Enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 13, 2019
  4. File Explorer can't type Search box

Cortana search box - type request

Hi Richard,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • did you receive and error message?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker. its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restored corrupted files. Follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type CMD the hit OK
    • Type: sfc/scannow at the Command Prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer can't type Search box

1. File Explorer can't type Search box - Similar Threads - File Explorer can't

2. Can't Type Into Windows File Explorer Search Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Type Into Windows File Explorer Search Box: This morning I rebooted my PC because I couldn't get it out of sleep mode the monitor remained black. Everything seemed to come up normally. I noticed a process called Antimalware Service Executable, which I had never seen running before, hogging resources for an extended...
  3. Can't Type Into Windows File Explorer Search Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Type Into Windows File Explorer Search Box: This morning I rebooted my PC because I couldn't get it out of sleep mode the monitor remained black. Everything seemed to come up normally. I noticed a process called Antimalware Service Executable, which I had never seen running before, hogging resources for an extended...
  4. Can't Type Into Windows File Explorer Search Box

in Cortana
  5. I can't type in windows 10 start "type here to search" box also in file explorer search box

in Cortana
    I can't type in windows 10 start "type here to search" box also in file explorer search box: I can't type in windows 10 start "type here to search" box also in file explorer search box after updating my windows. Can anyone help me out?...
  6. Can't type anything in the file explorer search box.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type anything in the file explorer search box.: Just that. I've tried resetting my notebook several times, but it didn't work. How do I fix this? Thanks. submitted by /u/CannedPeas_1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m1urbt/cant_type_anything_in_the_file_explorer_search_box/
  7. Search Box in Task Bar and File Explorer Not Recognizing Typing

Search Box in Task Bar and File Explorer Not Recognizing Typing: I'm using a Surface Pro 6 and have had this issue for awhile where I cannot type any text into the search box in the task bar nor in the quick search access of the Task Manager. The cursor doesn't seem to recognize the search boxes. I am running the latest version of Windows...
  8. Can't type anything in File Explorer Search box

in Cortana
    Can't type anything in File Explorer Search box: Can't type anything in File Explorer Search box. Search box is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-anything-in-file-explorer-search-box/b93f647a-cadc-4f4e-b7e2-fd1ac6c87e1c
  9. Can't Type into Windows File Explorer Search Box

in Cortana
    Can't Type into Windows File Explorer Search Box: Hello, I have a Dell OptiPlex 3060 - Windows 10 Pro machine that is only about a year old and I am having issues where I cannot type into the search bar to look for any files. I simply cannot click into it. I've tried to do some research and have attempted the following but...
  10. Cannot type in search box in explorer

Cannot type in search box in explorer: Ever since the last update, search has been acting up. Often I cannot type in the search box in the upper right corner of any open folder. I have to restart to get it working. How to fix? Thanks. submitted by /u/butterballmd [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I cant click on the search window in file explorer

2. file explorer cant search

3. cannot click int he serach on file explorer

4. cannot click into windows file search,
  5. search box on file explore is gray ,
  6. file explorerer cant search,
  7. file explorer search will only accept one character,
  8. windows explorer search box cant type,
  9. cant enter info in search box,
  10. I can only type one letter in the file explorer search box,
  11. cant click search box in file explorer,