Windows 10: File explorer change

Discus and support File explorer change in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Win 10, if I am viewing a folder in file explorer, and I open control panel or insert a flash drive, the folder I am viewing is displaced rather... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paladin45, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Paladin45 Win User

File explorer change

In Win 10, if I am viewing a folder in file explorer, and I open control panel or insert a flash drive, the folder I am viewing is displaced rather than a new folder window opening.

:)

Paladin45, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jan 26, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 26, 2020
  4. File explorer change

How to not separate pictures and videos in File Explorer?

Hi.

If Date Modified doesn't show on the options when you choose Sort by, we suggest that you perform this steps:

• In File Explorer, select the folder you want to have changes with.
    • Right-click and select Sort by.
    • Select More, then check if the Date modified option has a check mark.
    • Click OK, then try to perform again the steps provided by Acelyn Alc.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

File explorer change

1. File explorer change - Similar Threads - File explorer change

2. File Explorer function change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer function change: I frequently copy items from one folder by dragging into the folder address window. If I want to move something to the previous level of folder, I don't have to open another folder but just drag and drop from the folder I'm currently in. This action now gives me a "stop sign"...
  3. File Explorer function change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer function change: I frequently copy items from one folder by dragging into the folder address window. If I want to move something to the previous level of folder, I don't have to open another folder but just drag and drop from the folder I'm currently in. This action now gives me a "stop sign"...
  4. File explorer changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer changed: All of a sudden there is a lot more stuff at top of the window in file explorer maybe called the ribbon?. Is there a way to get this back to how it used to be, without all this extra **** taking up room? Thanks for any help....
  5. Change the default file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the default file explorer: I recently downloaded “files” from windows store, its a more modern and simple file explorer. Is it a way to change the default file explorer? submitted by /u/CandidSchedule1281 [link] [comments]...
  6. File explorer icon changes

File explorer icon changes: [IMG] Hi, whenever I open file explorer and go to something like desktop, it opens a new window and changes the icon to the desktop icon. This is true for thing like documents where it opens the window and changes the icon to the documents icon. Below is an example. Any...
  7. Changing default File Explorer.

Changing default File Explorer.: How can I change the default File Explorer in Windows 10? The legacy Explorer takes too long to load some files in a folder, so I'm using an alternative (Files UWP Preview). It's better, load times are shorter so I've decided to change the default explorer to Files UWP (if...
  8. change default file explorer?

change default file explorer?: Recently I found and installed an app called Files UWP and while I like it very much, I can't find any way to make it my default file explorer submitted by /u/KibSquib47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hh2stm/change_default_file_explorer/
  9. File Explorer, changing theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer, changing theme: I want to change a theme to light one in the File Explorer. Currently I have black background and while text on it. Can I change it to the white background with black text on it?...
  10. Change File Explorer Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change File Explorer Background: Hi all, I just recently upgraded my version of Windows 10 to 1809, where Microsoft introduced the dark theme for File Explorer. I'm gonna be honest, it looks terrible. I might be just not used to it, but I want it back to the white background. I'm aware I can change the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CHANGE search bar FILE EXPLORER