Windows 10: File Explorer, changing theme

Discus and support File Explorer, changing theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to change a theme to light one in the File Explorer. Currently I have black background and while text on it. Can I change it to the white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Camille Ibay, Feb 20, 2020.

1. File Explorer, changing theme

I want to change a theme to light one in the File Explorer. Currently I have black background and while text on it. Can I change it to the white background with black text on it?

:)

Camille Ibay, Feb 20, 2020

2. Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme

Hi Betsy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern related to changing the File Explorer theme from Dark to Light.

You can follow the suggestions mentioned below to change the theme to Light.

1. Press Windows + I keys together to open
      Settings.
    2. Now click on Personalization
    3. At the left hand pane select Colors
    4. Now on the right hand side under Choose your color select the drop down to
      Light

If you have any further queries, please do let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 20, 2020
  4. File Explorer, changing theme

File explorer window be force to scroll to top when changing theme color

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

We appreciate you for trying some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Does the issue only occur with File explore window when you try to change the theme color?

• Can you elaborate more about the situation you are facing, when you say “File explorer window be force to scroll to top when changing theme color”?

• Do you sign in to the Windows 10 through Microsoft/Local account?
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer, changing theme

1. File Explorer, changing theme - Similar Threads - File Explorer changing

2. Keep Dark Theme File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep Dark Theme File Explorer: Hi, so I was just wondering if there is anyway to change to the Light Theme on all my apps and things etc. But keep the Dark Theme on File Explorer as I like how it looks.Thanks!Evan :...
  3. Change File Explorer to default theme

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change File Explorer to default theme: I recently tried a theme for my file explorer which I watched from YouTube. And now I want to turn it to the default file explorer theme.. Does anyone know how to change it back? This is what my current file explorer looks like [ATTACH]...
  4. Are there custom themes for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there custom themes for File Explorer?: I think the current file explorer looks extremely dated. I heard about a new version coming with 2004 but alas, nothing. So is it possible to find custom themes/skins only for the file explorer? :) submitted by /u/NZ9_001 [link] [comments]...
  5. Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme: I am in WIndows 10 latest update. My Windows File Explorer screen background is black with white text. How can I change it to white background with black text? ***Original title: Windows File Explorer***...
  6. File explorer in dark theme gone!

File explorer in dark theme gone!: Hello, After updating Windows to 1809 a couple weeks ago I was glad to start using File explorer dark theme. Last night I noticed that it's gone and back to the old white background theme. I can't recall what was changed, might have been a recent win update or disk cleanup...
  7. Dark Theme for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark Theme for File Explorer?: Hi, I've noticed that my version of Windows 10 supports a Dark Theme which I've selected, but that File Explorer continues to be bright white. Is there some way I can change this so that it's dark as well? My OS information: Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 Installed...
  8. Dark Theme for File Explorer.

Dark Theme for File Explorer.: I waited exactly 9 years since Windows 7 released for Dark Theme to be used on the File Explorer and i feel hyped about Dark Theme can be used when you update your windows to version 1803 few weeks ago when i read it on article. My friend already got their File Explorer...
  9. how to change Explorer theme?

how to change Explorer theme?: Can you help me to change the new Explorer dark theme because I don’t like it? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-explorer-theme/aee6427f-ac40-49b7-b93d-d8ab08dd5f75
  10. Change explorer theme without changing default color

Change explorer theme without changing default color: I do not like the new explorer dark theme. Is there anyway I can change it without changing the default app mode because I like the dark theme in other apps just not in explorer. Any registry keys I can edit?...