Windows 10: File Explorer check box sensitivity

Discus and support File Explorer check box sensitivity in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to select some photos, using File Explorer. But check boxes keep getting checked even though they are not the photos I want to select.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cgm707, Dec 3, 2019.

1. cgm707 Win User

File Explorer check box sensitivity

I am trying to select some photos, using File Explorer. But check boxes keep getting checked even though they are not the photos I want to select. Also, when I do select by clicking the box, the picture gets opened with the Photos app. I don't want to open any photos, I just want to select multiple ones to move elsewhere.

:)

cgm707, Dec 3, 2019

2. problems with file explorer check box

Hello,

To resolve your issue, I would suggest you to try to check if the issue persists in safe mode. Follow the steps below on how to go safe mode:

Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words
    Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you're using.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Run will open, type msconfig and hit the
      Enter key.
    • A system configuration box will pop up.
    • Click on Boot Tab.
    • Select or click the check box Safe mode with networking.
    • Click on Apply and ok.
    • You will then see a restart button. Click it to restart your computer.

Once you are in safe mode try to check if the issue gets resolved.

Once you completed the steps above follow the below steps on how to go back to normal mode:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Run will open, type msconfig and hit the
      Enter key.
    • A system configuration box will pop up.
    • Click on Boot Tab.
    • If you see safe mode box has a check mark in it,
      uncheck
      the safe mode box and hit apply or ok.
    • You will then see a restart button. Click it to restart your computer.
    • When your computer comes back up, sign in and you will now be in "normal mode".

Let us know if the above information helped you. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 3, 2019
  3. jlw8300 Win User
    problems with file explorer check box

I'm using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 4. Since a short time, I have problems with selecting files in File explorer: view item check boxes is enabled, but the check box does not appear and selected file names are not highlighted so it is impossible to be
    sure which file(s) have been selected.

jlw8300, Dec 3, 2019
  4. File Explorer check box sensitivity

Clicking To The Left of Files and Checking Box?

On a public computer running win 10 I am able to see a list of files say in the downloads folder and if I click on the left of the file a box appears that I can check and it is selected. However on my home computer if I see a similar list when I click to the left of the file I do not see that box nor the option to check and select it. How do I enable that feature?TIA.

File Explorer check box sensitivity [​IMG]

File Explorer check box sensitivity [​IMG]

phaedruspress, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer check box sensitivity

1. File Explorer check box sensitivity - Similar Threads - File Explorer check

2. Explorer Check Boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Check Boxes: I have a laptop. It cannot be a tablet. The keyboard does not detach. In Explorer have deselected View>Show>Item Check Boxes and I cannot get the check boxes to NOT show. I don't want them to show. I have also deselected System>Personalization>Taskbar Behaviors>Optimize...
  3. Explorer Check Boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer Check Boxes: I have a laptop. It cannot be a tablet. The keyboard does not detach. In Explorer have deselected View>Show>Item Check Boxes and I cannot get the check boxes to NOT show. I don't want them to show. I have also deselected System>Personalization>Taskbar Behaviors>Optimize...
  4. Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer *Fixed*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer *Fixed*: My file explorer started adding these checkboxes with everything that when selecting an item gets checked blue. I don't like this and want to turn it off. Does anybody know how?Seemed to be a problem with an analog keyboard and changing some settings and restarting seemed to...
  5. Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer *Fixed*

Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer *Fixed*: My file explorer started adding these checkboxes with everything that when selecting an item gets checked blue. I don't like this and want to turn it off. Does anybody know how?Seemed to be a problem with an analog keyboard and changing some settings and restarting seemed to...
  6. Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer: My file explorer started adding these checkboxes with everything that when selecting an item gets checked blue. I don't like this and want to turn it off. Does anybody know how?...
  7. Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer

Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer: My file explorer started adding these checkboxes with everything that when selecting an item gets checked blue. I don't like this and want to turn it off. Does anybody know how?...
  8. Check boxes on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check boxes on file explorer: Today my file explorer started looking like this. A check boxes by each item.How do I get rid of them? Note that the option to show check boxes is NOT selected....
  9. Check boxes on file explorer

Check boxes on file explorer: Today my file explorer started looking like this. A check boxes by each item.How do I get rid of them? Note that the option to show check boxes is NOT selected....
  10. Windows 10 File Explorer Check Box Won't Stay Checked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Check Box Won't Stay Checked: Why won't the check box stay checked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-check-box-wont-stay/6ff7ee8d-40de-42be-a03d-0d220a518b66"