Windows 10: File Explorer close/crash randomly

Discus and support File Explorer close/crash randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings, I'd rather not to call this "crash" because windows didn't even tell me there is a "crash". The file explorer just randomly close. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SyrFlova, Feb 25, 2020.

1. SyrFlova Win User

File Explorer close/crash randomly

Greetings,

I'd rather not to call this "crash" because windows didn't even tell me there is a "crash". The file explorer just randomly close. No crash, no lags. And no, I'm not on Network sharing or something like that. This a personal PC.

I've been experiencing this problem for quite some time, at first i tried to ignore it because it only has minor impact, it's not like it's burning my Rig.
    But after a while, it's start getting really annoying. You know, when you open multiple file explorer and all of them contain the files that you want to open and boom!!, it disappeared. Everything closed, like Casper and his uncles play with my PC and close all the file explorer.
    I already searched many solutions? online which most suggest similar things like :

1. run sfc /scannow
    2. run Dism etc

3. disable fast start up i seriously laughed at my self for trying this one, but i'm desperate so i try i anyway
    3. update drivers

and many other similar but useless solution, which of course none of them work. Frustrated, my last hope is this forums. I will put the information i got from the Event viewer here :

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 2/25/2020 3:52:20 PM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: 100

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: MSi-B450

Description:

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0xc3041aa6

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.657, time stamp: 0x64d10ee0

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000f92a9

Faulting process id: 0x21b0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5ebad2fe43ba6

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 4dd44c3d-6b7c-4a9e-a174-554072b8dbdf

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-25T08:52:20.806352000Z" />

<EventRecordID>1488</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>MSi-B450</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>explorer.exe</Data>

<Data>10.0.18362.628</Data>

<Data>c3041aa6</Data>

<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>

<Data>10.0.18362.657</Data>

<Data>64d10ee0</Data>

<Data>c0000374</Data>

<Data>00000000000f92a9</Data>

<Data>21b0</Data>

<Data>01d5ebad2fe43ba6</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\explorer.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>

<Data>4dd44c3d-6b7c-4a9e-a174-554072b8dbdf</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I really suspicious with this "ntdll.dll"
    I already clean re-install my windows, deleted everything, everything run fine but after just a few days the problem is back.
    I've been using Windows for years since windows XP, encountered many problems, but this is the first time i encounter a problem i failed to solve.

Please any PC expert that already solve similar case as me, can you please share your knowledge with this stranger. You are my last hope :

P.S Sorry for the long post

:)

SyrFlova, Feb 25, 2020

2. file explorer keeps closing randomly

I can't use file explorer - it keeps closing randomly

DafyddTomos, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer closes randomly (does not crash)

Hopefully you'll see this and have a chance to respond. Where and how is the change you're talking about made specifically? I have a client who has a series of Win 10 machines where Explorer closes (no crash, just closes) randomly, all day long. This seems
    like the ticket, just need more info.

TammyPekarchik, Feb 25, 2020
  4. File Explorer close/crash randomly

file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer close/crash randomly

1. File Explorer close/crash randomly - Similar Threads - File Explorer close

2. File Explorer closing randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer closing randomly: Hi,Recently a lot of our users at work has started to experience several folders closing while either working in them or having them minimized in the background. This is regarding a specific Network Drive as far as i am aware of which is a shared drive where multiple users...
  3. File Explorer closing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer closing randomly: Hi,Recently a lot of our users at work has started to experience several folders closing while either working in them or having them minimized in the background. This is regarding a specific Network Drive as far as i am aware of which is a shared drive where multiple users...
  4. File Explorer closing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Randomly Closes

File Explorer Randomly Closes: I have users who are using the latest Windows 10 and 11 versions. They would have file explorer open then all of sudden it will randomly close on them. Their computer is update with all of the latest drivers.Troubleshooting I have done-I ran sfc /scannow and dism...
  6. File Explorer Randomly Closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Randomly Closes: I have users who are using the latest Windows 10 and 11 versions. They would have file explorer open then all of sudden it will randomly close on them. Their computer is update with all of the latest drivers.Troubleshooting I have done-I ran sfc /scannow and dism...
  7. File Explorer Randomly Closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File explorer crashes when closing Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crashes when closing Tab: As per the titleOS Windows 11 Pro v 22H2 Build 22621.675FBH Ref https://aka.ms/AAie8il https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashes-when-closing-tab/8fe1a025-4737-4d9b-b302-57f7b715b6b9
  9. File Explorer randomly crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer randomly crashes: For some time now, couple of months my File Explorer crashes at random times, usually every 2-3 hours. I am running Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, Version 20H2. I am pasting a recent error report from "Reliability History" Προέλευση source Windows Explorer Σύνοψη Synopsis...
  10. File Explorer closes (not crashes) randomly

File Explorer closes (not crashes) randomly: I have a few users on 1809 that when accessing files, file explorer will close and leave the file open at unpredictable intervals. I've tried running sfc/ scannow, I checked GPO drive mapping is set to update, the disconnect time for mapped drives is much longer than a lot of...