Windows 10: File Explorer closes after end of search?

Discus and support File Explorer closes after end of search? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Open File Explorer in Windows 10. Enter my search criteria in upper right corner. Hit Enter. Wait. Search bar moves slowly from left to right. Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/crosley123, Feb 25, 2020.

1. File Explorer closes after end of search?

Open File Explorer in Windows 10. Enter my search criteria in upper right corner. Hit Enter.

Wait. Search bar moves slowly from left to right. Some file results appear. After the search ends, the File Explorer window closes!

Why? How can I fix this?

submitted by /u/crosley123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/crosley123, Feb 25, 2020

2. File Explorer Closes after search

How do I fix the problem of File Explorer closing at the end of a search?

File Explorer in Windows 10 Pro closes all open file explorer windows when a search ends.

Scott Wright_KUSA, Feb 25, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 25, 2020
  4. File Explorer closes after end of search?

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer closes after end of search?

1. File Explorer closes after end of search? - Similar Threads - File Explorer closes

2. Accidentally ended file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally ended file explorer: Hey so I accidentally ended file explorer and had shut off my laptop. Once I booted it back up I’m presented by a black screen a loading icon and the HP logo. After 5 seconds the HP icon goes away and so does the loading icon. I don’t know what to do, I’ve followed...
  3. Accidentally ended file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally ended file explorer: Hey so I accidentally ended file explorer and had shut off my laptop. Once I booted it back up I’m presented by a black screen a loading icon and the HP logo. After 5 seconds the HP icon goes away and so does the loading icon. I don’t know what to do, I’ve followed...
  4. Windows File Manager closes after a search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Manager closes after a search: Sometimes when I do a search in File Manager in Windows, immediately after the results are displayed, File Manager abruptly closes. If I repeat the search, the same thing happens. Why does this happen? Is there anything I can do about it?...
  5. Windows File Manager closes after a search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Manager closes after a search: Sometimes when I do a search in File Manager in Windows, immediately after the results are displayed, File Manager abruptly closes. If I repeat the search, the same thing happens. Why does this happen? Is there anything I can do about it?...
  6. Windows File Manager closes after a search

in Cortana
  7. File explorer end task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer end task: Hey so i was making a new folder on my file explorer to backup my phone photos because i was gonna factory reset it, but as an unexperienced person like me i end tasked file explorer and my screen became red because i put my theme to red and i opened task manager through ctrl...
  8. File Explorer Search never ends

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search never ends: File Explorer Search cannot find the file and never ends. I'm searching files containing a particular word in a folder containing a total of 5704 files with a total size of 1.44 GB and sub-folders. It never finishes....
  9. File Explorer Closes after search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Closes after search: How do I fix the problem of File Explorer closing at the end of a search? File Explorer in Windows 10 Pro closes all open file explorer windows when a search ends....
  10. File Explorer closes when searching for a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer closes when searching for a file: In File Explorer, when I type an entry into the Search box, it momentarily shows results then File Explorer closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-closes-when-searching-for-a-file/2be6c0d9-16bb-479c-93ec-7f16e189223a