Windows 10: File explorer closes and all my taskbar icons disappear then come back, but most programs I...

Discus and support File explorer closes and all my taskbar icons disappear then come back, but most programs I... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'll be perusing files (different folders and different files) and try to select a file, then my desktop background shows up and all my icons on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Confusal, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Confusal Win User

File explorer closes and all my taskbar icons disappear then come back, but most programs I...

I'll be perusing files (different folders and different files) and try to select a file, then my desktop background shows up and all my icons on the taskbar disappear for about ten seconds. When they come back, only Chrome and Edge are still open, but explorer and any other photos, word docs, excel, and probably other programs are closed.

I have windows 10 with all the updates automatically set. I've rebooted a couple times since I first recall seeing this happen, and it doesn't help.

I'm running an ASUS laptop that I paid about $1,500 for, so I'm not on some slow old machine with no memory.

Any suggestions, besides buy a mac?

:)

Confusal, Nov 30, 2018

2. File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar

The File Explorer icon in the Start Menu indicates it is already pinned to the Taskbar even when it has disappeared. Clicking on Unpin from Taskbar and then immediately clicking on Pin to Taskbar causes it to reappear, but only temporarily. After that it periodically disappears and reappears just as before.

BillPierce, Nov 30, 2018
  3. File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar

SFC found no problems apart from the aforementioned WinHlp32.exe.

I do seem to be slightly closer to tracing a possible cause of the problem. If the File Explorer icon has disappeared from the Taskbar, closing Outlook 2007 will cause it to reappear, although it will later randomly disappear regardless of whether Outlook 2007 is open. In that case, reopening and closing Outlook 2007 will cause the icon to reappear, even if it later randomly disappears. So I have found a way to make the icon reappear, even if I can't identify what makes it disappear.

It all seems mighty strange. What is the best way to report this behavior to Microsoft?

BillPierce, Nov 30, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

File explorer closes and all my taskbar icons disappear then come back, but most programs I...

File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar

You can try to pin it from start menu as shown, just right click on "File Explorer". Since I've already had it pinned to taskbar, the option on yours would be "pin to taskbar":

File explorer closes and all my taskbar icons disappear then come back, but most programs I... [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. File explorer closes and all my taskbar icons disappear then come back, but most programs I... - Similar Threads - File explorer closes

2. All files and programs that I delete or uninstall come back after reboot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All files and programs that I delete or uninstall come back after reboot.: My computer has Windows 10 Pro and is an Optiplex 9020 x64 bit. This issue occurred a day after installing SQL server 2022. The computer restarted on its own and stayed on the BIOS startup page. Since then, I can not install or remove any programs. Any help is greatly...
  3. All the icons on my taskbar have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All the icons on my taskbar have disappeared.: All the icons on my taskbar disappeared yesterday. The arrow for hidden icons is showing and when I click it the hidden icons will show. Everything else is working. How can I fix this problem without resetting my pc?...
  4. All the icons on my taskbar have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All the icons on my taskbar have disappeared.: All the icons on my taskbar disappeared yesterday. The arrow for hidden icons is showing and when I click it the hidden icons will show. Everything else is working. How can I fix this problem without resetting my pc?...
  5. File explorer closes and all my taskbar icons disappear then come back, but most programs I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer closes and all my taskbar icons disappear then come back, but most programs I...: I'll be perusing files different folders and different files and try to select a file, then my desktop background shows up and all my icons on the taskbar disappear for about ten seconds. When they come back, only Chrome and Edge are still open, but explorer and any other...
  6. File explorer closes and all my taskbar icons disappear then come back, but most programs I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer closes and all my taskbar icons disappear then come back, but most programs I...: I'll be perusing files different folders and different files and try to select a file, then my desktop background shows up and all my icons on the taskbar disappear for about ten seconds. When they come back, only Chrome and Edge are still open, but explorer and any other...
  7. All of my most important files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All of my most important files have disappeared: I downloaded Dropbox to learn how to use it before Installing it for my boss on our company computer. When I downloaded it, it asked me to stop syncing my "documents" folder with Onedrive because they can't sync at the same time. So, I googled how to stop syncing and did...
  8. Sound icon disappears and does not come come back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound icon disappears and does not come come back: It seems there is space the task bar for a icon, but it isn't there. network icon hides when volume icon is off. I tried restart several times, no luck....
  9. Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.: When I turn the computer on this morning, and looked what happened to this, Icons on desktop, taskbar and file explorer are gone. Also, I cannot open the properties for any file on the computer. This gives me a headache and frustrated.LOOK AT THIS PICTUREFirst, Is there's a...
  10. File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 yesterday and overall I've been happy with it. However, I note one strange behavior: the File Explorer icon seems to disappear sometimes from the Taskbar. I created a Desktop shortcut for File Explorer, but when I right click on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i open file explorer taskbar disappears and comes back

2. file explorer disappears after making a change

3. all of my programs on task bar closes at once

4. file explorer not working then all my icons disappear,
  5. icon disappears from task bar when program closed,
  6. when closing programme all icons dissapear from the task bar and then come back,
  7. file explorer documents not responding taskbar disappears and comes back