Windows 10: File Explorer Closes Immediately as I Open, CMD Does Not Want to Run as Admin, Windows...

Discus and support File Explorer Closes Immediately as I Open, CMD Does Not Want to Run as Admin, Windows... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 1. Laptop was working fine earlier. No new apps were installed. 2. File explorer just closes as I open it. No warning or error message. 3. Right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fmba27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. fmba27 Win User

File Explorer Closes Immediately as I Open, CMD Does Not Want to Run as Admin, Windows...

1. Laptop was working fine earlier. No new apps were installed.

2. File explorer just closes as I open it. No warning or error message.

3. Right clicking CMD and running it as Admin won't work.

4. Windows won't update.

5. Virus Threat and Protection updates keep on failing.

6. Other issues I think I haven't seen yet (hopefully there aren't any more).

:)

fmba27, Oct 22, 2019
  2. KyoSuke Win User

Open cmd from file explorer with admin rights

I managed to get cmd to always run as admin from start->cmd

But running cmd this way always launch it at the windows/system32 directory.

I need a way to run cmd in file explorer directly so that the current directory will be at the path I launched it but it is always launching without the admin rights.

KyoSuke, Oct 22, 2019
  3. RonnieJP Win User
    [bug] Windows 10 File Explorer reopens after getting closed

Did not work for me. This re-opening of closed folders happens in various scenarios.

I have a very repeatable example which fails every time:

Right-click on Windows Start and open Control Panel

Open Administrative Tools and an explorer window will open

Select and open Component Services

Close the open Administrative Tools explorer window

It will immediately re-open again.

RonnieJP, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

File Explorer Closes Immediately as I Open, CMD Does Not Want to Run as Admin, Windows...

Open cmd from file explorer with admin rights

Please check out this tutorial:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

"Option 7" should be what you're looking for.

Vesao, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

1. File Explorer Closes Immediately as I Open, CMD Does Not Want to Run as Admin, Windows... - Similar Threads - File Explorer Closes

2. Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.: When I try to open Windows Explorer running Windows 10 the file opens for a few seconds and then closes. I have turned off / on with and without unplugging everything. I have run sfc/scannow . The computer is a couple of years old and I have not had any problems like this...
  3. Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.: When I try to open Windows Explorer running Windows 10 the file opens for a few seconds and then closes. I have turned off / on with and without unplugging everything. I have run sfc/scannow . The computer is a couple of years old and I have not had any problems like this...
  4. Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Open CMD as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open CMD as admin: Hi all,I want to run a batch file that opens a command window as admin and then changes the directory to a specific one.Please help.After that - I wish the cmd will stay open for me to write commands. Meaning - I do not wish the cmd window to close.Guy...
  6. Open CMD as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open CMD as admin: Hi all,I want to run a batch file that opens a command window as admin and then changes the directory to a specific one.Please help.After that - I wish the cmd will stay open for me to write commands. Meaning - I do not wish the cmd window to close.Guy...
  7. Open CMD as admin

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. .jar files open and close immediately

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .jar files open and close immediately: I'm trying to download Minecraft forge, and It gives me a .jar file. I accidently set it to open with Photoshop, so I set it to open with Java, but when I try to open it, it opens, then closes immediately. When I try to force it open by clicking, it opens into cmd. I have the...
  9. Open cmd from file explorer with admin rights

in Windows 10 Support
    Open cmd from file explorer with admin rights: I managed to get cmd to always run as admin from start->cmd But running cmd this way always launch it at the windows/system32 directory. I need a way to run cmd in file explorer directly so that the current directory will be at the path I launched it but it is always...
  10. I can no longer run bat file as Admin (cmd flickers then closes)

in Windows 10 Support
    I can no longer run bat file as Admin (cmd flickers then closes): I made a working script for my windows to mount and unmount drives and it works but it requires admin permission. right after i made the script i saved it and test it and it was working fine, i tested it about 15 times and it works. then i reboot and the script no longer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why app driver cmd closed as oened